SIG 556 Classic Cheap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They need to get their QC under dang control. You should see the play in the SP2022 slides that I've seen... Like 1/8" either direction at the muzzle. It's rare to get a tight one now... stupid Ron Cohen... destroying another company.

The 2022 isn't exactly Sig's nicest offering though. I've had no complaints with my P226s, P228s, or P239s.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 2022 isn't exactly Sig's nicest offering though. I've had no complaints with my P226s, P228s, or P239s.

Definitely not, I haven't seen any bad tolerances on those models. I've just seen a big quality fit on the fit on the SP2022 in the last few months. Right when we started to get the american made ones.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How obvious is the differances visually? Looked at some at the gunshow and the ones with the black grip bands had lowers that looked pretty much the same to me. The main thing i noticed was the newer ones had real light areas on the receivers maybe from handling. Not sure.

Is it possiable to have on with one with an anodized lower and a blued barrel? I bought a classic swat awhile back and think it might have the blued barrel. I have an originial 556 and when i compare the two the finish on the receivers look the same but the barrel on the swat has a smoother finish.

It's hard to tell a difference on the paint by looking at a distance... you can tell a huge difference in the texture by hand. The barrel is a lot harder to tell, they look a lot shinier. I used gun scrubber to remove the oil on the barrel so it was easier to tell.

I'm not absolutely positive it's blued. But they definitely changed something... You can see the rings that the lathe left. They may have just stopped bead blasting it before they nitride it. But it really really looks like bluing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom