Sights for Browning Hi-Power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old man and eye sight just isn't as good as it once was. Was looking to see if Williams had a Firesight set for my Browning but it looks like they don't or I wasn't able to find it.

Did run across this and the price isn't too bad.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/meprolight-night-sights-for-browning-h-p-mk-ii.html

Anyone had any experience with these sights? Any other suggestions? I don't think the Browning dovetails are standard and why I'm looking for sights specifically for the Hi-Power.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No experience with Meprolight. Have used Trijicon which are very similar on a Colt Combat Commander. Novak makes a "three dot" sight for the Browning HiPower that you can check out at: http://www.novaksights.com/novak_custom_browning.htm

Back in the early '80's, I picked up a Browning HiPower that (new) out of the box would not feed ball ammo. Ended up sending it to Austin Behlert where he fixed the feeding, removed the magazine safety, installed an extended thumb safety, a new trigger AND installed a lowered set of rounded BoMar sights. Nowadays ... would like to have something that I can see better (like the two dot sights I have on my SIGs) but doubt I will ever change my HiPower.

Good luck!

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info..

This is my second Hi-Power, bought one in the 70's and like an idiot I sold it. Seems to me at that time they were selling new for under $200.00, thinking I sold mine for just over 100. Wife bought me this one for my birthday several years ago and won't make the same mistake.

I haven't done anything to it yet but plan on updating the sights, removing the mag safety and a little polishing on the trigger. Not afraid to tackle it myself but believe in having the proper tools before I start. Home defense is it's main roll but now with a shooting range in the back yard my interest in doing a little target shooting has increased significantly.

jason kitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mepro light is a very good brand. several of the officers i work with and myself have used these on several different brands of firearms. the are bright and hold up very well. if i remember right they can also put tritium in your current sights if there is room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom