Sig's GSR 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are good solid accurat 1911 clone. Only thing I don't like about them is the firing pin safety. If you don't mind the FPS then you should definetly get one. They do shape a little different than a traditional 1911 so check with the holster before you buy the holster.

BigBoreOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you happen to know when they changed frames and slides? Are they making there own now? Just curious. It's still one of the best 1911 guns out there, especially taking into consideration how much they sell for.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of it comes from other forums, but the consensus seems to be that they dropped Caspian after the problems with the first series. No one seems to know who produces the current ones, and the consensus there is that they do it in house (i.e.:Exeter). Some rumors say they're made in Germany, which I doubt.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with GMT... for under $1000... it's a fine pistol. Other than the external extractor, I think it's pretty close to the original design, although to me, the slides seem to be more squared off... but that may just be me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom