Silly debate my son and I had

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walking dead zombies are the only survivable version. Every other zombie apocalypse storyline introduces attributes that are unsurvivable in the long run. Fast-moving, adaptable intelligence levels, etc. Let's face it, if zombies can run, climb, or learn to manipulate objects...we're all fooked.

I haven't been here in Tulsa long enough to establish enough familiarity in order to play this game, but back in Seattle I spent many years thought-gaming about it. It's relatively easy, since day to day interactions with all those LIBERALS is very much like dealing with brain-dead zombies anyway. I predict a zombie apocalypse would change very little in places like Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, etc.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll pose this question here and give me and my son's responses and reasons.

Say a zombie apocalypses actually happened. Now you rural folk probably wont be too worried, but us city folk, well we would need some place secure if we could not get out of the city rapidly. So I posed to my son this question: If you had to find a place that was easy to secure but would be stocked for a while, where and what would you do.

My response: Take over a wal-mart. The doors can be locked and the entrances blockaded with items you won't need that are heavy. Most super centers have automotive departments that you could park a vehicle. They have food, clothes, cleaning supplies, health supplies, and some still have firearms and ammo. They even have plenty of air mattresses, blankets, pillows, etc. And if you can rig up a way to the roof you would have a good shooting floor for defense.

My son's response: take over a school. Plenty of room, locking doors. Has a kitchen. Not known to hold a lot of supplies so less of a target. Would need to make supply runs, but would be more secure than most other places.

Ok, now time for your thoughts.
Id be on a house boat near the deepest part of one of out local lake, maybe several house boats together …..

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One good option I would have is at the corps of engineers lake 10 miles north of me. The concrete ramp on the spill way has a 1950's
era fall out shelter built under it. It is a steel tunnel, covered by feet of concrete, with big heavy metal doors at both ends. We used to get
to go on tours of it in the 70's in grade school. It used to be stocked with rations, and water, probably all bad now. endless supply of water,
that of course would have to be purified, and lake to fish in, and surrounded by woods to hunt. Fairly remote, and pretty well hidden
access.

Latest posts

Top Bottom