Sinead O'Connor takes her place in the Wood of Suicides.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...months-17-year-old-son-Shane-passed-away.html
1690401072533.png

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of her specifically, but her song Nothing Compares 2 U ranks pretty close to the top of my favorite songs of all time list.

I remember it came out in 1990 while I was a young rookie cop in CLEET. It was one of the very things that motivated and drove me to finish, and it brings back a plethora of memories whenever I hear it even today.

Being a big advocate of suicide prevention (my mother killed herself) it saddens me that those demons, that haunt each and every one of us, eventually won their fight over her. So tragic.

PLEASE if anybody here is contemplating the act of suicide, I beg of you, find some help. Talk to someone. Your parents, your kids, siblings, best friend, myself, ANYBODY! Life is such a precious gift. Don't throw it away. Whatever issues or struggles you have going on, they will soon pass. Trust me...I've been there.

RIP ya wee irish lass. :cry3:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I recognized her name, but I don’t know anything about her or her music except what’s in the article. Sounds like a really tragic situation.
Short version summary as I remember

Irish.......
mom died when she was a teen.......
from the 80's to 2000's she had close to a dozen husbands and partners......
usually surrounded in some kind of political controversy due to her comments............
once refused to start one of her concerts if the Start Spangled Banner was sung..........
Frank Sinatra threatened to kick her a$$.....
Tore up a pic of the Pope on live SNL in protest of the Catholic church covering up young boys sexual abuses...
Became Muslim and forever after "hated" white folks(which she was???)......
Changed her legal name several times.....
Was bi-polar......
Had several kids.....
One recently committed suicide iirc...
She attempted suicide more than once, this time she was successful...

Latest posts

Top Bottom