Small inverter generator PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
DO NOT, under any circumstances, buy the 1200-watt GenMax inverter generator from Lowe's. It's a POS! Ordered one to use to power a string of lights at a booth at the Asian Night Market Festival this weekend. Got it delivered and immediately tested it out. I wouldn't run for crap! As a certified small engine mechanic, I tried tinkering with it. I got it to run a little bit, but not good enough.

I finally broke down today and went to Harbor Freight and got their 1400-watt inverter. It purrs like kitten!

Rant over.

Old Noob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just look at one of these.

Attachments

• 70143_W3.jpg
    70143_W3.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you run any electronics, you really need an inverter-type generator. It makes a very smooth sine wave that standard gens don't.

I will be running an expensive laptop off it, so that's why I went with one.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you run any electronics, you really need an inverter-type generator. It makes a very smooth sine wave that standard gens don't.

I will be running an expensive laptop off it, so that's why I went with one.
yep. my main purpose is starting and running motors especially submersible well pumps tools etc. the inverter type are to sensitive and trip out on the initial surge.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Less powerful. More expensive.

I have a set of EUI2000s always paired since 2000 and used who knows the hours. Still runs perfect. Will run our RV easily for weeks at a time and does duty on our place few times a year on welding jobs, smooth, quiet and sooooo dependable. We also have a Honda EB6500 iAVR Series. It ran a Cabin for years and now a standby. Same dependability.

You may have a differing experience.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I took the GenMax to Lowe's to return it. It seems the GenMax generators need a "Return Authorization" number from the GenMax before Lowe's can give me a refund.

Of course, you have to call them to get this number and all their operators are constantly busy with other clients. Sound suspicious? Nah, not in the least!

Left a message. Bet they don't call back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom