Small inverter generator PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently became aware of these Jackerys. I need one to run a CPAP machine till they repair my nose. Recently found out all of my breaking my nose dozens of times has caught up with me.

You know about the Jackerys? Are they good and last?
look at the plate on your cpap to see how many watts and amps it draws. most of the battery packs are rated in amp hours and surge watts so you should be able to figure out if it will work.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
looks like the 240 watt jackary could be up to 2 amp. so figure the amp hours into that and then figure no more than half of the capacity and you should be able to get an idea of it's capability. look at the amp draw on you cpap

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are battery packs, solar is just there to recharge if needed. The 240W I have was way cheaper than the 1400w generator, and would likely power the laptop and lights easily. The fan could be on the outer limits for it, I have DeWalt battery powered fans that are super handy I use.

I ran a speaker, wireless mic, mixer, and laptop for almost an hour at an outdoor wedding and it barely touched the charge on the Jackery. I paid $175 when I bought it.

It can't match the HF inverter, and to get to 1400W in a battery will cost 2x. The upside is the battery is SILENT, no exhaust to be aware of, no heat, and no need to put it away from you and run a cord.

Regardless I highly suggest you get one of these, so you can see the actual load you are running, it is pretty enlightening to see how little power is required for some items.

View attachment 402783

https://a.co/d/03wC4an
We'll be running the lights laptop and likely the tower fan for approximately 6 hours per day for the next two evenings. The inverter is VERY quiet. It can be running at full speed, and you can stand beside it and talk in a normal volume, and it won't interfere. And we will be outside the whole time, so buildup of fumes won't be a problem.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
290 watt hours at 200 watt max output for one hour total so probably realistically a half hour at 200 watt or an hour at 100 watt etc etc. running watts are 43 and surge to 400 watts momentary.

Figuring on a 400 watt Jackery.

The average power draw is 53 watts with a max draw of 104 watts. 53 Watts divided by 24 Volts is equal to 2.2 amps of average power draw.

So say 20 amp draw for 8 hours use would get a guy 7 nights easy without a recharge and with Solar charge through out the day, infinite for a CPap machine. I think it would be great to own one even after my old busted up nose is repaired and no longer need a Cpap.

Am I right on my math on it?

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figuring on a 400 watt Jackery.

The average power draw is 53 watts with a max draw of 104 watts. 53 Watts divided by 24 Volts is equal to 2.2 amps of average power draw.

So say 20 amp draw for 8 hours use would get a guy 7 nights easy without a recharge and with Solar charge through out the day, infinite for a CPap machine. I think it would be great to own one even after my old busted up nose is repaired and no longer need a Cpap.

Am I right on my math on it?the link i gave and the spec is for the 400 watt jackery. they claim 400 surge watts so the real deal is a bit hidden at 200 watt. i think using the HB spec sheet that the amps and watts available are in AC and not DC???

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think you will use almost 4 amp hours in an 8 hour time period????? i think????? and 7 amp hours at 104 watts 120 volt ac. but the jackery is rated in watt hours not amp hours so at 104 watts the jackery would need to supply over 800 watt hours. someone please check my math????

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think you will use almost 4 amp hours in an 8 hour time period????? i think?????

I believe I will own one of those. Now to try my damndest to not buy a bigger one! I was shocked to learn how big they make them. I have portable solar for long dry stays, been using two big solar batteries. But they won’t do what the 400 watt Jackery will do. Thanks on the suggestions and help.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom