Small inverter generator PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Less powerful. More expensive.
I have a EU1000i that according to the output indicator light blinking at startup says it had over 500 hours on it. I've not done a thing to this little genset except put gas in it and change the oil with Amsoil synthetic a few times. It runs just as good as the day I brought it home.

Honda has no equal in the generator market, that's just a fact. Others are inching into towards Honda's level but they all fall short somewhere. Mostly quietness since everybody and their dog are counterfeiting Honda engines. They also rule on power cleanliness, their inverters are the gold standard. I'll stick with Honda until I see one of the knock offs hit 2000 trouble free run hours, Hondas passing that mark are everywhere.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, color me impressed!

I actually got to talk to an operator at the GenMax Support Center. She was very nice. Of course, she asked all the standard questions she was taught in orientation, but I kindly explained to her that I was a certified small engine mechanic that had a business for several years, so she dropped that.

I got the return authorization number I needed and returned the POS to Lowe's. Problem solved.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a EU1000i that according to the output indicator light blinking at startup says it had over 500 hours on it. I've not done a thing to this little genset except put gas in it and change the oil with Amsoil synthetic a few times. It runs just as good as the day I brought it home.

Honda has no equal in the generator market, that's just a fact. Others are inching into towards Honda's level but they all fall short somewhere. Mostly quietness since everybody and their dog are counterfeiting Honda engines. They also rule on power cleanliness, their inverters are the gold standard. I'll stick with Honda until I see one of the knock offs hit 2000 trouble free run hours, Hondas passing that mark are everywhere.
I agree..... but for my usages the cheapness of the HF unit fits perfect.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A genset for a string of lights? Why not a Jackery or similar power source?

I recently became aware of these Jackerys. I need one to run a CPAP machine till they repair my nose. Recently found out all of my breaking my nose dozens of times has caught up with me.

You know about the Jackerys? Are they good and last?

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
A genset for a string of lights? Why not a Jackery or similar power source?
There will also be a fan and a laptop running a slideshow. And we might even have some of the tents next to us using power if they need it.

And solar generators don't work well at night. Not to mention they cost twice as much as the HF 1400-watt inverter I bought.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently became aware of these Jackerys. I need one to run a CPAP machine till they repair my nose. Recently found out all of my breaking my nose dozens of times has caught up with me.

You know about the Jackerys? Are they good and last?
I've been very pleased with mine, I have the 240w.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There will also be a fan and a laptop running a slideshow. And we might even have some of the tents next to us using power if they need it.

And solar generators don't work well at night. Not to mention they cost twice as much as the HF 1400-watt inverter I bought.
These are battery packs, solar is just there to recharge if needed. The 240W I have was way cheaper than the 1400w generator, and would likely power the laptop and lights easily. The fan could be on the outer limits for it, I have DeWalt battery powered fans that are super handy I use.

I ran a speaker, wireless mic, mixer, and laptop for almost an hour at an outdoor wedding and it barely touched the charge on the Jackery. I paid $175 when I bought it.

It can't match the HF inverter, and to get to 1400W in a battery will cost 2x. The upside is the battery is SILENT, no exhaust to be aware of, no heat, and no need to put it away from you and run a cord.

Regardless I highly suggest you get one of these, so you can see the actual load you are running, it is pretty enlightening to see how little power is required for some items.

monitor.jpg

https://a.co/d/03wC4an

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom