Smells I remember and miss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hated getting that concentrated smell from the bottom of empty tanks on me or my clothes. It just seemed to stick inside my nostrils for days. After working around it for 6 or 8 years I almost got to the point I couldn't smell it. We were supposed to do "sniff tests" on the freshly delivered propane in our big tanks to make sure it was odorized. I got to where I couldn't even tell. It had to be pretty concentrated after that before I could smell it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember getting a haircut when you were a kid? The barber would always put Bay Rum on your noggin and you'd smell like a new dollar when you left rubbing your head. The cost? 50 cents.
Now the cost of Bay Rum has gone up so they don't use the foo foo anymore.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a good memory. I think I was about 4. My mom had just painted the kitchen walls with high gloss enamel (oil based, because it cleans off easier). The smell was overwhelming in the kitchen. The kitchen light fixture had been removed, and the 100W bulb was just hanging by the wires, and was reflecting off ALL of the walls and the ceiling above. It was enough to do me in. Then she brought out of the oven the dinner that night. Tamale casserole. A BIG pan of it for the 5 of us. That added smell was overwhelming. I don't like tamales to this day...and I remember the smell and the glare to this day, and my head hurts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom