Smells I remember and miss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another weird one was when the city used to fog the neighborhood for mosquitoes from the back of a pickup down in Denton TX. As a kid I used to open my bedroom window instead of keeping it closed (explains a lot...). I'm sure it wasn't DDT....pretty sure:saywhat:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a good memory. I think I was about 4. My mom had just painted the kitchen walls with high gloss enamel (oil based, because it cleans off easier). The smell was overwhelming in the kitchen. The kitchen light fixture had been removed, and the 100W bulb was just hanging by the wires, and was reflecting off ALL of the walls and the ceiling above. It was enough to do me in. Then she brought out of the oven the dinner that night. Tamale casserole. A BIG pan of it for the 5 of us. That added smell was overwhelming. I don't like tamales to this day...and I remember the smell and the glare to this day, and my head hurts.

At least she didn't try to run you over...

Another weird one was when the city used to fog the neighborhood for mosquitoes from the back of a pickup down in Denton TX. As a kid I used to open my bedroom window instead of keeping it closed (explains a lot...). I'm sure it wasn't DDT....pretty sure:saywhat:

I loved those things when I was a kid growing up in Houston. They'd come by just before dark and we'd ride our bikes thru the fog. That was just fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom