Snake Bite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opened the back door last night to let one of the dogs out, a small grass snake was between the door and the storm door. Dog decided she really did not have to pee and I kicked the snake outside.

I will never forget the night at OKCGC when I went to the men's room and a snake kind of struck at me from the door frame. We both lived and I did not shoot any holes in the wall.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, No arms, No legs and they turn most men scaredy cats..:pms2: It's as sure as the sun rises..
1st picture is a gal who visited out of Kansas, She sure did enjoy her visit, that's about 30lbs she's holding..
2nd picture is our GD, 5 years old, somewhere I have a picture of her in diapers with one.. She's not afraid of snakes..
3rd picture, did ya know male snakes have 2 wieners.. Snakes bought and paid for our property, I'm kind of fond of them..

Attachments

• IMG_4179.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4317.JPG
    IMG_4317.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4097.JPG
    IMG_4097.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 164

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO, No arms, No legs and they turn most men scaredy cats..:pms2: It's as sure as the sun rises..
1st picture is a gal who visited out of Kansas, She sure did enjoy her visit, that's about 30lbs she's holding..
2nd picture is our GD, 5 years old, somewhere I have a picture of her in diapers with one.. She's not afraid of snakes..
3rd picture, did ya know male snakes have 2 wieners.. Snakes bought and paid for our property, I'm kind of fond of them..

Most snakes do not bother me unless they are overly aggressive, but that one startled the hell out of me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, I was in Haikey Creek Park one summer day with my dog. We went down to the creek when it was really low, and I looked around for snakes. Saw none, so I sat down on a log right next to the rivulet of water flowing past. The water wasn’t more than a foot wide at that spot, and a few inches deep - that’s how dry it was. I was reading a book while cooling my bare feet in the water, when suddenly a snake slithered down the rivulet and across my feet without stopping.

I had the presence of mind to remain perfectly still until it had disappeared into the pool of water downstream. Then we left. Not quickly, mind you. Just without any delay.
Jackson park on 91st and Garnett?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm gettin' kinda skeered..we have threads going on here about snakes, mountain lions, and bear attacks...enough already with the vicious wildlife for a while. This is an urban area I live in, it isn't the wilderness

...is it? :uhh:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've killed 8 copperheads at our place. Had two dogs bitten.
I don't have the pics anymore, but have posted them in the past on here when the wife was sitting in her recliner and a black rat snake started climbing the stone fireplace next to her. About a 4 footer. She got the shovel and herded it into the utility room with a tile floor and then commenced to create a huge crime scene with lots of blood and meat.
Of course, I was out of town at the time but still got blamed for not replacing the trim on the bottom of the back storm door where it came in.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the late '70's or early '80's, I went out to service the tractor in the field I was going to work. Crouched down to reach up under the cab to grease the zerks on the tractor's turning brakes. Walked around the tractor to do some greasing on the other side and look over to see about a 4 foot rattler huddled under the tire on the first side. He would have been about 1 foot to 1 1/2 feet from my thigh while I was greasing the brake pedals.

Ever since then, I tend to look around tires before doing much with a vehicle. Oh, and the rattler got killed. Probably the only reason I didn't get bit was because it was pretty cool that morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom