Snake Bite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, No arms, No legs and they turn most men scaredy cats.
Meh, I got nothing against snakes. I do have a problem with venomous snakes that try to bite me. I also have a problem with venomous snakes that come up around the house because my dog is too farking stupid to stay away from them.

I'd never seen a pygmy rattler 'til I got this dog, and I've had to kill two of them to keep her from getting bit. For the second one, she kept sticking her paw within the snake's striking radius, trying to get it to come to her. That one got offed with a thrown set of lineman's pliers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO, No arms, No legs and they turn most men scaredy cats..:pms2: It's as sure as the sun rises..
1st picture is a gal who visited out of Kansas, She sure did enjoy her visit, that's about 30lbs she's holding..
2nd picture is our GD, 5 years old, somewhere I have a picture of her in diapers with one.. She's not afraid of snakes..
3rd picture, did ya know male snakes have 2 wieners.. Snakes bought and paid for our property, I'm kind of fond of them..

I honestly don't mind most snakes, but I'm not going to go play house with anything poisonous or aggressive. It's just that whole being bitten when opening my front door thing that would piss me off. Call me crazy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind most snakes, but I'm not going to go play house with anything poisonous or aggressive. It's just that whole being bitten when opening my front door thing that would piss me off. Call me crazy.

Yeah, I like snakes too as long as they aren’t poisonous. They have a definite purpose in nature.
We went to a house party one night as a guest of some friends. The home owner loved the snakes with fangs and had aquarium’s all over house with snakes in them. About 1am or so he reached into one of the Aquariums pulling out a western diamondback,dropped it on the floor and announced the party was over.
The house cleared quickly.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My cousin was swimming in a lake last summer (somewhere in Little Dixie, don’t remember what lake), when his buddy on the boat said “there’s a snake behind you.” He turned to look and a cottonmouth bit him 5 times. Spent weeks in the hospital.

I don’t kill harmless snakes (though the cat does), but anything venomous or big enough to eat a pet or any current livestock isn’t allowed to live.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meh, I got nothing against snakes. I do have a problem with venomous snakes that try to bite me. I also have a problem with venomous snakes that come up around the house because my dog is too farking stupid to stay away from them.

My mother told the story of her, one of my aunts, and my grandmother on my dad's side going out to an old house in the Panhandle, looking for antiques. They saw a basement area through a window that looked like it might have some good stuff. They went to get in and say that all around a ledge in that basement area was nothing but rattlesnakes every foot or so. They decided to leave.

Got back outside and there was Grandma with a stick playing with one of the rattlers. They grabbed her and hauled her out of there. Grandma wasn't happy about losing her fun time.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I lived in Hallet and had a house that was built on a subfloor. Middle of summer a cricket took up residence under our bedoom. Little turkey kept me up all night. Got home the next day went in to my room kicked my shoes off to a relax a bit and CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!.. Oh snap this sucker is going die and in a hurry. Shoes back on, pulled access panel off side of house. Just as I was about to put my noggin under the house the wife says. IS THAT A SNAKE? I was about 12 inches from getting face to face with coiled up copper head who had taken up residence just to the side of the access where I couldn't see him. A few minutes later he was dispatched and shortly after so was the cricket. One time I am thankful my wife spoke up before I did something stupid instead of after. Normally she lets me screw up first.

I always heard wives tales on my uncles farm and from my dads family who grew up on a big farm that snakes were always in pairs. Well sure enough I found his traveling buddy a day or two later next to the hvac compressor sitting in the shade next to the drain line staing nice and cool. He was quickly dispatched also.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to find snakes all the time in the backyard here in West Lawton, but not since a family of possums moved in under my shed last Spring. I don't kill snakes, but they sure do have a nose for em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom