Snake shot and revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot wood bees hovering around the barn. You may not be familiar with them, but they burrow into the eves of buildings to create nests. Very territorial so the males protect the nest by hovering while waiting on another wood bee coming into their territory to chase them off. Pretty easy redneck trap shooting from a semi auto pistol. One does have to manually cycle the action though.
I used a BB gun on 'em as a kid. Had to be pretty quick, because they don't usually stay in a stationary hover more than a second or two. And they can zip around pretty quick. :D
___

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a BB gun on 'em as a kid. Had to be pretty quick, because they don't usually stay in a stationary hover more than a second or two. And they can zip around pretty quick. :D
___
A friend uses a softair gun and those plastic balls on carpenter bees!

Kinda fun on a lazy day!

Me, I have played a few rounds of carpenter bee base ball with a wooden slat!

No mater how many strikes I get, I am always up to bat.

And a double header is when you hit 2 at one time! 😂

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet shooting carpenter bees with a 22 smoothbore garden gun and the 22 shotshells would be a hoot if the 22 shot shells was $2 / 50!
Sounds like it would be (ha! wood bee?). I've only fired 22-shot (we called it "rat shot") a few times, and don't really know how they pattern.
:anyone:
___

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be (ha! wood bee?). I've only fired 22-shot (we called it "rat shot") a few times, and don't really know how they pattern.
:anyone:
___
Now days you'd need a second mortgage if you could find them!

I bought a pack of the cci ones back 30 or so years ago just for the hell of it.

To me they was always just too expensive to play with!

It is a no brainer why the 22 smooth bore garden gun never caught on (marlin made one), because the ammo was priced too high!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

I bought a pack of the cci ones back 30 or so years ago just for the hell of it.

It is a no brainer why the 22 smooth bore garden gun never caught on (marlin made one), because the ammo was priced too high!
I bought some a few months ago on accident. Glad I did honestly.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think I bought one box (Federal, IIRC) before we got married, and there may still be a few of 'em around here someplace. :D

We actually have an old Winchester (I think?) .22 shotgun. Technically it's Sweetie's (it was her Dad's), and I'm not sure if we even fired it after he passed. It's a lever-action single-shot smoothbore with a bead front site, and the trigger guard has sort of a hook on the rear rather than a standard lever shape. I think the barrel is hex partway down.
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom