1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

So Baptist hospital is full

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jfssms, Jun 27, 2020.

1. jfssms

jfssms Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Integris Okc seems to be offering a 25k signing bonus to ER RN's at this time.

Oklahomabassin likes this.
  2. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

No it isn’t because they are testing more. Testing in Oklahoma hasn’t increased at a significant rate but the percent positive of tests is going up, not just the number of cases.

crrcboatz and OKCHunter like this.
  3. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

They're digital personal thermometers (like the kind used at doctors' offices) that have an Internet connection, either on their own or via an app on a smartphone (I would presume that the latter is more common). I hadn't heard of the brand mentioned above, but Withings (among others) makes a lot of "quantified self" devices; they (Withings) got their start with a scale that tweeted your weight (yes, via Twitter, and yes, some people want that).

ETA: the Withings connected thermometer: https://www.withings.com/us/en/thermo

DavidMcMillan likes this.
  4. TwoForFlinching

TwoForFlinching Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Have yall found the Covid-19 app all smartphone companies pushed out a few weeks ago? If you have a smartphone, you have the tracking app. You still have the option of granting the permissions for it to operate, but it's on every reasonably current smartphone.

My Note9 & Galaxy9 both got the overnight push to install, but the Note3 did not.

Okie4570 likes this.
  5. jfssms

jfssms Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    thank you.

TwoForFlinching likes this.
  6. Okie4570

Okie4570 Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    I just use the OSA app for my covid-19 info........:hithead:

7. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Good to know, I wasn't aware of this. I just checked my phone's settings, and sure enough, there it is. I verified it is turned OFF by default, and it is. Thanks for the heads' up.

Just goes to show you what they can and will do - one of these days they'll add something like this hidden in and you won't know about it. Yes, yes, I know they already track us, for marketing purposes, etc. Just another reminder we have voluntarily given up the majority of our privacy.

TwoForFlinching likes this.
  8. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I will say I was told St. John's and St. Francis in Tulsa are full, also. A little unusual for this time of year, but how much of that is playing catch up on 'optional' surgeries that have been put off for 4 months? I dunno...

9. JD8

JD8 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My wife had the busiest weekend last weekend she's ever had, however, a majority of it was honest trauma though. They opened the Covid unit back up, so her unit will be overflow. Most of the covid patients are not on a vent at this time.

10. donner

donner Sharpshooter

from what our state health official is saying, for many places it remaining a staffing issue (as opposed to total capacity). That said, he also released a graph to shut down the 'it's just more testing' nonsense (it made clear that testing volume is down from may levels, yet infections are up).