So Baptist hospital is full

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is an RN too, but has never had to take a furlough or LC day. However, lots of folks have lost overtime. Not an issue for us because we don't base our family budget on OT, but that's not the case for a lot of people.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's thinking of Kansas. That's what their Dem governoress is about to do starting Friday......

i suspect more places will go to mask orders before closings at this point, though there is discussion of pausing or reducing indoor eating sizes since they are known high risk.

I'm somewhat sad that my state (not sure of others) took the 'return to normal' thing too literally and removed some provisions that were clearly helping keep money flowing while giving people more options for contactless spending. For example our ABC removed curbside sale pickup options very quickly when there really wasn't a reason to beyond their old rules. Same with to-go booze sales from restaurants.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
i suspect more places will go to mask orders before closings at this point, though there is discussion of pausing or reducing indoor eating sizes since they are known high risk.

I'm somewhat sad that my state (not sure of others) took the 'return to normal' thing too literally and removed some provisions that were clearly helping keep money flowing while giving people more options for contactless spending. For example our ABC removed curbside sale pickup options very quickly when there really wasn't a reason to beyond their old rules. Same with to-go booze sales from restaurants.

We were in Wichita Friday-Sunday for my son's basketball tournament, 8 courts in one facility and I'd say about 90% of people were wearing masks already. Not including players, coaches and refs of course.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since Baptist purchased Deaconess Hospital not too long ago, then shut it down except for the ER (which is my understanding), that would drive patients to Baptist, increase patient counts, and thus increase profits, right?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The virus doesn’t go away in warm weather.
We knew that already because there were cases in the tropics and the Southern Hemisphere in February.
We knew that already, or at least we would have known it if it had been viewed as a public health problem rather than a public relations problem.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The virus doesn’t go away in warm weather.
We knew that already because there were cases in the tropics and the Southern Hemisphere in February.
We knew that already, or at least we would have known it if it had been viewed as a public health problem rather than a public relations problem.
No expert here, but if the body temperature is 98.6 degrees then why would summer temperatures effect the virus. My guess is the UV radiation from the sun has the effect of killing the virus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom