So Baptist hospital is full

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently IPhone didn’t get it? Not seeing it on mine.
Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Health. You should see "COVID-19 Exposure Logging" at the top of that screen with a status of Off (the default). This is on iOS 13.5.1.

ETA: you can't turn on Exposure Logging unless you have an "authorized app installed that can send Exposure Notifications."

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that is on top of everything else, right?

plus bed space and staff capacity are not always the same thing.

Some people are trying to make it sound like a major thing when it is not that bad is my point. The hospitals in the state are not overwhelmed with virus cases.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically, Apple (who cooperated with Google on the system design) built the capability into iOS, but you have to install an app to make use of it. From what I've read and heard, very few health authorities are making use of it, opting for manual tracing, which is, reportedly, more accurate, albeit more labor-intensive.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically, Apple (who cooperated with Google on the system design) built the capability into iOS, but you have to install an app to make use of it. From what I've read and heard, very few health authorities are making use of it, opting for manual tracing, which is, reportedly, more accurate, albeit more labor-intensive.

We call that paycheck justification down South.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people are trying to make it sound like a major thing when it is not that bad is my point. The hospitals in the state are not overwhelmed with virus cases.

not yet, but that is somewhat of the point. Cases keep going up and likely hospital needs will, as well.

Hospitals may shift priorities (like many did before) and limit some surgeries, but that will cost them money. Will they be willing to do it again? Could something be done now to prevent those needs from happening?

We are in the midst of an outbreak here in my town because some frats had some lovely rush parties and a bunch of students got sick. Now, a good number of the cases don't show up in our reports from the state because the students aren't residents of this county. The city has begun gathering its own information and one of the stats shared the other night is that before this outbreak we were seeing 1-2 % of the patients in our hospital with covid. We are now at 10% and our ICU (which normally is at 50% capacity) is up to 75%.

But this hospital also serves several other surrounding communities since MS has had several close in recent years. Sadly, many of those places aren't requiring masks and we have a number of people here (if you believe what they say on social media) who prefer to drive to those places to shop mask-free.)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1593553319884.jpg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Okie4570 am I reading that right?? They want everyone to go get tested now? Regardless of whether they believe they are sick right now or not??

I have so much trouble with this whole mess. The retail place I work at was absolutely OVERRUN with folks when this whole quarantine thing kicked off -- it was HORRIBLE ... Our sales were through the roof -- better than Black Friday even, day after day after day. AND we limited the number of people in the store at any given time, which resulted in lines outside the store -- and fights both outside and inside the store. I was threatened with an ass-whipping more than once. I worked in a bar for almost 3 years and didn't have to deal with the aggression there that I have experienced since this whole mess started. Anyway, you would think that every single one of the employees there would have gotten sick given the sheer number of people we came into contact with on a daily basis. None of us got sick. So ... I am skeptical that masks do anything at all except cause my blood pressure to skyrocket. I'm not gonna cause myself to have a stroke to make some other idgit who refuses to get out of my personal space, smells like they have no idea what personal hygiene is and have ALL their kids out and about with them feel "safe" ...

I do think that COVID is a problem. Problem is I don't think masks solve that problem. Back the **** up off me and wash your damned hands. And STAY HOME if you are sick ... or that scared.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
@Okie4570 am I reading that right?? They want everyone to go get tested now? Regardless of whether they believe they are sick right now or not??

I have so much trouble with this whole mess. The retail place I work at was absolutely OVERRUN with folks when this whole quarantine thing kicked off -- it was HORRIBLE ... Our sales were through the roof -- better than Black Friday even, day after day after day. AND we limited the number of people in the store at any given time, which resulted in lines outside the store -- and fights both outside and inside the store. I was threatened with an ass-whipping more than once. I worked in a bar for almost 3 years and didn't have to deal with the aggression there that I have experienced since this whole mess started. Anyway, you would think that every single one of the employees there would have gotten sick given the sheer number of people we came into contact with on a daily basis. None of us got sick. So ... I am skeptical that masks do anything at all except cause my blood pressure to skyrocket. I'm not gonna cause myself to have a stroke to make some other idgit who refuses to get out of my personal space, smells like they have no idea what personal hygiene is and have ALL their kids out and about with them feel "safe" ...

I do think that COVID is a problem. Problem is I don't think masks solve that problem. Back the **** up off me and wash your damned hands. And STAY HOME if you are sick ... or that scared.

Yes that's how I'm reading it, test test test lol.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes that's how I'm reading it, test test test lol.

i worry testing is too slow. Our neighbor just popped positive. It was after he and his wife had been to florida for a couple's weekend with friends. He didn't show any signs (he said) until he realized he couldn't smell a dirty diaper. In between they visited family and he played in a golf tournament.

I don't know when he became a spreader, but he did go about two weeks before his issue with smell developed. Right now they wont test unless you are showing signs or have been in contact with someone who is sick. By those standards he wouldn't have qualified (again, he said).

Now if we are talking about testing and contact tracing then i could see it working better since people who have come into contact with a sick person would have some chance to avoid spreading it before they become symptomatic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom