so i bought this 1911 on impulse... . . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i was so used to seeing 1911s and thinking wow, minimum 900 dollar gun if its new or in like new shape.

then i thought i could use a nice ccw and that would give me an excuse to get a 45 handgun.

then i was picking up some ammo today and the price tag was staring me down in the case.

so i took home this blued springfield 1911 micro compact.

my first shock was to find that the cheap bastards only give you one clip with it.. . .
beretta at least gave me 2..

then i played with it and found out something that i am sure i will be embarrassed to admit to you all here and now.

before this, i was under the impression that 1911s were single/double actions like my 92f
yeah.... noob i know.

also i found that it is a pain it the arse to disassemble and you actually need a plastic clip to do this.

also i am not a fan of the original sights.

in time i am sure i will grow to enjoy it, or at least i hope. and get used to the weird and not ergonomic placement of the clip release and slid stop lever, and its low capacity. .

anyways. two questions

is there anything else i should know or .... dare i ask, want to know about these things?

and exactly what aftermarket sights. codes or names or types or fitting or what ever do i need to know to find a good set of sights.

i have noticed novoke listed on some more expensive models of this gun. but i worry i would get the wrong ones. or is this something i need to just ship off to springfield and have them install proper sights for?

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice looking little pistol. I definitely dig it.

One thing to consider, many of the 1911 savy won't carry one with less than a 4" barrel. I guess they have reliablilty issues, so you want to thoroughly test it before you trust your life with it. I don't own one, personally, so this isn't from my experience. Several people that I would consider 1911 experts have said this.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Robert,
Try before you buy is good advice. I am amazed that you would consider purchasing a pistol that you have never used or seen a friend use particularly for concealed carry. Personally I opted for a Glock 36 in 45 ACP for carry as i did not want to be cond=cerned with external safeties.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have one to disasemble pull slide back to the take down notch push pin out enough to clear slide let slide go forward pull pin on out slide will go forward off of frame

Latest posts

Top Bottom