so i bought this 1911 on impulse... . . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry this one. I had FTF/FTE issues at first, then I replace the crap mags with Wilson combat 8rd mags and it's never hiccuped since.
(I also added the beavertail / hammer / trigger and some other stuff for looks)
ai209.photobucket.com_albums_bb27_angsniper_1911_2.jpg

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering your statements, one has to assume that you know very little, if anything, about 1911 style pistols.

I urge you to carry it around, unloaded, in your house for a while, before venturing out into the world with it. Carrying a pistol cocked, and with the safety on, can be a little unnerving for the uninitiated. Get used to it before going out with it.

I think you'll love it, once you are better educated about it.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Learn to shoot it at a pistol class before you give up on it. 1911's with less refinement than yours have been sucessfully ventilating bad guys for 100 years.

Sights... you only need the front one anyway... a little white paint does wonders.

Single action? Learn the pistol .... cocked and locked is how that's played--- takes some training to do correctly.

Slide Release in the wrong place? "Rope start" the gun. Training will teach you NOT to hit the slide release during shooting. It's just there to lock the slide open.

Mag button... If your tilting the gun in front of your face during a reload (a training issue) the mag button ends up in the "right place" any way.

If you don't warm up to the 1911 in a few months... send it to me.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Was this the one Sports World had in the case for 550.00?

I bought my Champion 2 weeks before they got these in... If you decide to CC it get a holster with the body guard.. That hammer bite is a *****.. [Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom