So i got a Glock....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish the 19 fit my hand, like the balance, but everytime I pick one up my fingers land on the humps not in the grooves and I have readjust grip. The 17, I can pick-up and go to work.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally don't like Glocks, but I own two of them. Other than a Smith & Wesson J frame revolver, they are the only weapon I carry. Glocks feel funny in my hand and they are ugly as hell.

However...

I've carried one for the last 18/19 years. I can detail strip it down to an empty hunk of steel and a piece of plastic while driving down the highway, using nothing but a toothpick. And even though they feel terrible in my hand, it's a feel that I've gotten so used to, that I can't properly grip any other firearm. :ugh2:

My instructor, Paul Abel, the guy who taught me everything I know, gave me the best advice.

He said...

"You see all these guys who have a duty gun, an off duty gun, a hideout gun, a weekend gun, blah, blah, blah. What a guy needs to do is get ONE gun. Learn it frontwards and backwards, inside and out. Learn how to take it apart. COMPLETELY apart. Down to all 87 pieces and put it back together. Do this until it becomes second nature.

"After you can COMPLETELY assemble/disassemble the damned thing in the dark with your eyes closed, then take it to the range. I don't consider a carry gun worthy to be a carry gun untill you have close to a thousand rounds thru it. After you shoot it so much, you are sick and :censored:ING tired of shooting...shoot it some more. Then and only then, is it good enough to be considered a TRUSTWORTHY carry gun."

If anybody here hasn't had the opportunity to meet Paul Abel, you really owe yourself a trip to the "suburbs" of Shawnee, Oklahoma to meet him. Don't let the pot-bellied old man fool you. He'll kick your ass and put a hole betwixt your running lights, faster than quick can get ready. You will leave his ranch a better person. :thumb:

I am richer knowing he has taught me the proper combat mindset and I am honored that he once told me, "you can go with me...and I don't say that to too many folks."

Thanks Paul. :)

www.shoot-n-iron.com

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few months back in my CCC class the instructor used my G19 to show how well a pistol can shoot. He shot at a standard human size steel target at 20 yards ding, 40 yards ding, 60 yards ding, 80 yards ding, 100 yards ding, 120 yards ding. Damn wish I could shoot like that, but maybe after 10,000 rounds a year! LOL

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months back in my CCC class the instructor used my G19 to show how well a pistol can shoot. He shot at a standard human size steel target at 20 yards ding, 40 yards ding, 60 yards ding, 80 yards ding, 100 yards ding, 120 yards ding. Damn wish I could shoot like that, but maybe after 10,000 rounds a year! LOL

Not to hard to hit steel at those distances. Front sight and proper trigger control ;) DING

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to Glock world. At first I didn't like them and sold the one I had but decided to give them another try. I now have around 8 of them.

Kracka00

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a new G23 myself. Can't get my hand to fit comfortably. Bought a Hogue rubber grip, fit's a tad better but still feels quite unatural. Especially compared to the XD-M Bi Tone.

Well made handgun though. Just not sure how the Glock R&D guys test fit these grips before putting them on production models.

Latest posts

Top Bottom