So is this perv sexist?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2017-10-26_12-21-17.png

Comedian and daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres is receiving some backlash from fans after a joke about Katy Perry was taken as sexist.

The star courted outrage on Wednesday after dedicating a tweet to the “Roar” singer on her birthday. “Happy birthday, @KatyPerry! It’s time to bring out the big balloons!” the star wrote over an image of her gawking, mouth agape, at Perry’s breasts.

In the wake of the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, of which DeGeneres was an outspoken critic, dedicating part of her show to sharing her thoughts on the “#MeToo” movement, many fans were quick to mention the idea that this tweet wouldn’t fly had a man posted it. Many began responding to the tweet with the hashtag “#doublestandard.” Others went as far as to compare her to Weinstein and call her a “pig.”

As The Wrap notes, actor Michael Rapaport caught wind of the tweet and voiced his displeasure to Ellen, arguing that “the world would stop” if a man had sent this tweet.

Piers Morgan too speculated that, had a man tweeted something similar, Ellen would be leading the “cries of ‘SEXIST PIG!’”

“This is not a male thing or a female thing, it is not a Hollywood or political thing, this is a human thing and it happens in the workplace, it happens in families, it happens all over the world and we are all the same,” she said. “We all want the same thing, we want respect, love and kindness. And if I could have those three things and an iPhone X, I’d be happy.”

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DeGeneres is scum, but in this instance I don't think her comments are sexist.

Katy Perry has made a living off her scantily clad boobs, nothing new here.

So some people are offended, let them be offended..

YW48KO9.gif

Last edited:

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geez....there are so many people that want everyone to be offended. Piers Morgan is near the top of the list. He makes his living by being outraged at whatever the hot topic is at the time.
I may also be sexist because I want Katy Perry to bring out the balloons too....since it's her birthday and all.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am personally a fan of big balloons(just saying), if I were to make the same comment about another mans junk ....would it be considered sexist? Nope we all know what we would consider it (but I don’t think the term would be sexist). This is just PC gone crazy in my opinion.... I think it will soon be illegal to be attracted to the opposite sex in any way. Lol forget biology ....... it’s all going to be sexist soon.

For the record I like Katie’s breasts a lot more then I like her and I like whip cream too :homer:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody is sexist. You, me, them, those people over there. Sex is a basic human drive. Some of us know when it is appropriate to express our desires, some of us do not. Some of us use our position to exploit that sexuality. Some of us have never been in a position of power but have done just fine anyway. :blush:

You guys are right. If she had been a man the world would have come completely undone. Y'all are just a convenient punching bag. I dunno what the answer. Just an observation.

I've had really creepy guys hit up on me. Ain't no thing. I got no problem saying "Beat it, creep." For the life of me I dunno what the big deal is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom