so many great single-stack 9s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first started carrying a handgun, there were virtually no small single-stack 9mm pistols. The S&W 3913 was one of the only options I could find; but I had a bad experience with another 3rd gen S&W so that was out of the question. And now, thankfully, we have so many great options! From memory, here are a few...and I know I'm forgetting some.
  • Kahr has several, with the PM9 being one of my favorites
  • S&W M&P Shield
  • Glock 43
  • Walther PPS
  • Springfield Armory XD-S
  • Ruger LC9
  • Keltec PF-9
  • Several single actions (e.g., by Sig, Kimber, Springfield Armory, etc.)
Do we have too many great choices to have a favorite? Do you have a favorite, and why?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The PM9 was my carry gun for a long time and was replaced last year by a Glock 43. I carry appendix in a Keepers Errand holster and it's the perfect combo for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 43 with a Ghost Edge Connector and a fiber optic front sight. Carried in an RM Holsters "Lowrider" or OWB in a simple pancake by Tueller Holsters. I loves me some 1911 goodness, yessiree I sure do, but I equally loves me this little Glock 43 el mucho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with an XDS; really like the fiber optic front sight. Shoots great, totally reliable etc. I'd guess all the ones listed do the same (it is a good time to get into the CCW world).

But I was really really close to getting a PPS. Call me shallow, but the PPS is better looking to my eye. They're damn near exactly the same size, and I slightly preferred the XDS trigger. Plus, the XDS was cheaper and Springfield was running one of their free giveaway promos where I got extended mags and a nice little range bag for free. That sealed the deal.

Of course, then I bought and carry daily a Sig P229, so I obviously went full stoopid.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a Walther PPS in 2009. When I take it to the range for practice it's very comfortable to shoot. Bullets go where I intend them to go. I love the paddle mag release. I can't think of any reason to replace it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom