so many great single-stack 9s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, I would try to find a range or short course that will let you shoot as many of those pistols as you can and see what fits YOU best.

Every firearm feels different in my hand, even between same brands. Many firearms have different angles on the grip, different functions such as, S/A. D/A etc, hammer or hammerless. Then other functions. I am a Colt 45 guy, my Sig P238 (Baby colt copy) pocket pistol has the same feel, angle of grip, function to draw, thumb safety DOWN and shoot, as my 1911, and same magazine release. Works for me. For me, condition one is normal and both have a great safety locks, never found either to have been tripped off accidentally, (none are ambi) and I am an active person., and the sights are similar. I can rack to clear in the dark, and change to a second magazine while looking down range at my target.

I had a Lama 1911 one time, angle of the grip was off, couldn't easily make it work for me, got rid of it.

If my pocket pistol had safety up, had to rack, very different sights, magazine release was the bottom of the trigger guard, and needed to tilt back 10 angle to get on target, I might have to spend a few milliseconds to adjust to which firearm I was shooting at the moment. I feel if I have a tense situation already, as old and show as I am, I do not want to have to remember to flick the safety the opposite direction at that moment.

The firearms company's make all these brands and models so they can fit better for an individual person than their competitor, whether it be in bore, feel, function, number of shots, price, etc. No one can pick out a wife for you or firearm that will be best for you, they only can give you an opinion of their experiences. Only you can find the one that you think fits best for you.

Good luck, and remember, down the road, trading firearms is much less expensive than trading wives, mistakes are allowed.

I really do not want to sit here and count up how many pistols I have bought or traded for to find my best perfect current carry's. Someday I should start selling some of the rejects. Have to think about it.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shield fits my hand well and is a great gun but there is something about the Kahr CW9 I like a little more. It just looks like a classier pistol since it doesn't have a plastic trigger like most of the polymer guns and has an elegant shaped stainless steel trigger with no paddle flipper or hinge on it. Also if I'm going to deep-carry a gun with no thumb safety I like it's long, smooth trigger pull, better than a short reset pull.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if the options are taking you at your word on something or going "cruising" ... I will take your word on this one and leave the "cruising" to you.
The fact that we went from virtually no guns in the class, to a great deal of them, also reinforces that they were desired.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fact that we went from virtually no guns in the class, to a great deal of them, also reinforces that they were desired.

The plethora of small single stacks has also been driven by so many states now allowing the carry of a handgun or going to "shall issue" permits. There's a lot more people carrying today than back there used to be. My wife for example, she'd never consider carrying a 1911, a SIG 228, or even a Glock 26, but her little Kimber Micro Carry single stack .380 suits her just fine.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The plethora of small single stacks has also been driven by so many states now allowing the carry of a handgun or going to "shall issue" permits. There's a lot more people carrying today than back there used to be. My wife for example, she'd never consider carrying a 1911, a SIG 228, or even a Glock 26, but her little Kimber Micro Carry single stack .380 suits her just fine.
agreed

Latest posts

Top Bottom