So Much for Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Above post, exactly. This entire debate depends on the operational/legal definition of "purchase." If you agree that purchase means to acquire, then I've purchased nothing. My purchase will be complete whenever my gun ships and I pick it up. Which, by the way, didn't happen today. Still no response to my ticket, so I called and talked to Gary at around 1045. He said he'd tell the shipping manager personally about my issue. No response after that.

Not once did Gary say my order was being complicated by age issues, FWIW.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so the issue isn't between bud's, but with ffl holder....since they have to send info .... tell me you didn't put them into jeopardy??

FFL dealer is a Buds preferred dealer. Have I seriously become an FFL pariah or something?

Let's look at the logic behind these laws. When I'm 20 years and 364 days old, I'm not mature enough to buy a handgun from a dealer. 24 hours later, I'm mature enough.

I know that's not the point of it, but how am I going to break the law with a handgun I've never seen before. One that might not even exist...

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been following this post and am amazed by the number of armchair attorneys in the group. First of all, there is very little "logic" in the law. One day can, certainly, mean the difference between committing a felony and not. "Almost Old Enough" doesn't work with Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Sexual Consent, Legal Contracts, etc. Second, there was a week between when you "purchased" the handgun and when you turned 21. Third, Buds could have asked for proof of age by having you fax a copy of your driver's license. I've purchased several guns from out of state and they always required me to fax a photo ID to verify age before completing the transaction. Mistakes were made on both sides but hopefully you will see your gun soon.

Alan Frizzell

Marksman
Reaction score
Content from an Budsgunshop.com e-mail this morning;

We are also experiencing record high sales on www.budsgunshop.com, actually breaking our all time single day sales records TWICE this month ! Considering we had no special promotions going on, and we exceeded every sales record dating all the way back to 2003, it seems pretty clear ......"Here We Go Again!"

I've had great service from Bud's in the past, but a volume increase as they indicate would be the probable cause for your delay. As a business you can't prepare for this nor can you hire on short notice to handle the volume. I'm confident they will adjust to the level of good service they've given in the past.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah,

I got an email from Bud's this morning too. I know it was already quoted a little bit up top but here it is in it's entirety.

"After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

We are also experiencing record high sales on www.budsgunshop.com, actually breaking our all time single day sales records TWICE this month ! Considering we had no special promotions going on, and we exceeded every sales record dating all the way back to 2003, it seems pretty clear ......"Here we go again !"

As the national media and general public become increasingly aware of the deteriorating supply and demand issues.....we ALL know what comes next....higher prices ! Although upsetting to most people, it can also be an amazing opportunity for those who are in a position to buy "early and often". Whether you are an investor, collector, or reseller...you would be hard pressed to find a single more lucrative investment than firearms at this time. If you are not currently in a position to buy ?....you should still be very happy about the future appreciation in value of your current firearms collection !

To many customers, and even those outside the firearms industry, it would appear that gun dealers like us are primed and ready to take advantage of situations like this. Although there is admittedly opportunity during these times, it is nearly impossible for us to predict and adequately prepare for the sudden and extreme increases that can occur with nationwide internet sales. You do not have huge increases in sales without also having huge increases in phone calls, emails, shipping, etc.....so it can very quickly become overwhelming.
If you find yourself waiting on hold, or waiting on a reply to an email, please reference our active customer counter on the top right corner of our website. If you are attempting to contact us during a high volume time (over 2,500 customers online) you may want to wait until the volume decreases and try again later. For example, as we are sending you this email, the number of customers currently shopping on www.budsgunshop.com is over 3,000 !

In an effort to help you, and also help ourselves, work through these high volume - high stress times, please consider these HELPFUL HINTS when ordering your next firearm from www.budsgunshop.com

1. VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE THOROUGHLY INSPECT ALL YOUR FIREARM PURCHASES AT YOUR LOCAL DEALER BEFORE ACCEPTING TRANSFER ! WE ALLOW CUSTOMERS CHOICE OF A FULL REFUND (INCLUDING ALL SHIPPING CHARGES) OR A REPLACEMENT FIREARM (WHEN AVAILABLE) AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT TRANSFER THE FIREARM INTO YOUR POSSESSION. ONCE THE FIREARM HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED, WE MUST DIRECT YOU TO THE MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY POLICY FOR REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENTS. THIS POLICY WAS DESIGNED TO PROTECT YOU !! YOU SHOULD NEVER ACCEPT A TRANSFER AND TAKE A NEW OR USED FIREARM HOME WITH YOU UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SATISFIED WITH THE FIREARM !

2. Our website is fully automated. In a perfect transaction you should never need to call or email us to complete a firearm, ammunition, or accessory purchase. If there are ANY exceptions with your order, WE will contact YOU. We will attempt to contact you vie email and/or phone, so please verify the accuracy of your contact information HERE. If we can eliminate unnecessary communications with customers we can more quickly service those customers that actually need our assistance.

3. Order cancellations or changes, even if IMMEDIATELY after completing your order, are subject to a 10% fee. We do NOT enjoy enforcing this fee, so please make sure you are committed to the purchase BEFORE you confirm your order. If you are uncertain about your order, please delay confirming your order until you are certain.

4. Please confirm that you are purchasing the correct item by referring to the manufacturers model number, the item title, and item description/specs. In some cases the PICTURES on our website are provided to us by the manufacturers as an example of only one model from a broader selection of similar models. Although we do photograph the actual used guns we sell, we do not photograph every new gun we sell. Below each picture on www.budsgunshop.com you will see the following statement posted : *Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photo's provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.

5. Selecting a "Preferred Dealer" from our list of FFL's in your area (by zip code) during the checkout process relieves you of the responsibility of contacting the dealer. All "Preferred Dealers" have pre-approved all firearm transfers from Buds for all our customers !

6. You will receive several automated (do not reply) order update emails after placing an order on www.budsgunshop.com. These automated order update emails include an initial order confirmation email followed by additional email updates throughout the order processing phase. The final "shipped" email will include your UPS or USPS tracking number(s). You can also access your current order status, shipment tracking numbers, and other personal account information HERE.

7. If you do need our assistance for any reason, the preferred method of communication is to use the CONTACT US option at the top of the website. Using this option, instead of a general Call Center phone call, sends your request directly to the customer service representative trained to handle your specific request. We have sorted these CONTACT US options into almost every imaginable request and have trained staff monitoring each of the request options shown below.

Other answers and explanations to frequently asked questions are provided below for your review.

Our website prices fluctuate up and down often. The reason for these fluctuations is that we do NOT manually price our products based upon our actual cost of each product. Our philosophy is that it matters very little what we originally paid for any item, as the item is only worth what the market (= replacement value) is at the time of your purchase. To accomplish this, we use constantly updated data feeds from our many suppliers to calculate our current replacement cost. Therefore, our website prices will fluctuate both up and down (and mainly up this year) as our current replacement costs also fluctuates. We do NOT have people on staff manually changing prices of +32,000 website items every hour. This is all accomplished by automated cost analysis programs in an effort to offer you, our customer, the current lowest market price on each and every firearm we sell.

We are now shipping firearms, ammunition and accessories direct from suppliers in multiple states. As a result, delivery times may vary by several days depending upon which items you order and your proximity to those warehouses. If you order multiple items on the same order, you may receive multiple tracking numbers as the items may ship from multiple locations. Please be patient, as if your first package does not include your complete order contents, another package(s) will arrive soon after.

We continue to hire and train staff weekly for phone, email and Live Chat customer support. Our customer service staff for existing orders is kept in house...as we admittedly and proudly put a priority on those customers who have already given us their business. However, for new sales and product related questions, the volume of those calls simply forced us to contract with a third party Call Center here in the U.S.

We continue to invest in our automated answering system. This automated system can actually answer the majority of your existing order questions if you will identify yourself to the system by entering your order number when prompted. Unlike our Call Center staff, the automated system is available to answer your questions 24/7.

Here's the deal....it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Every contact and indicator we have tells us that guns and ammo are selling MUCH faster than they can be manufactured. Our suppliers inventories are dropping drastically every day and they are already quoting 4-6 month back orders on all new orders !

Like it or not (and we don't)...."Here we go again !"

Team Buds"

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
especially read the parts about;
1 you call them you get a call center if you don't use the "contact us" button at the top of the page.
2 shipping from several warehouses across the country.
3 Obama panic has already started.

their call center people can't tell you much other than confirming your order and telling you the order went to shipping. whether it really has or not.

the lowest priced transfer in the Tulsa area is Franson firearms unless you are a member at USSA

Latest posts

Top Bottom