So Much for Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the gun had not shipped within a few days, I will "Pickup a phone" and physically call them. I know it is old school, but emails go awry, or get deleted, etc etc etc..I know some folks think they shoulnd't have to etc, however, direct communication sometimes gets the job done. This thread sounds like...I ordered, didn't come, I emailed, didn't come, i sent nasty email, didn't come....etc.

btw, buds sold a gun to xyz person on a cc, then shipped to an ffl. If person is not legal, then gun goes back, he gets hit with a restocking fee if they want. Nothing else to worry about. But even if they had shipped that day and gun was to your dealer in a day, wouldn't the OP still be underage to recieve it? (but it would be there when You are ready, lol) SO it seems that ranting on a board is an alternative to calling them. The old telephone works wonders sometimes.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to be a party pooper, but FFL holder is prohibited from selling or delivering a handgun to a person under 21 by federal law.

I am no lawyer - but technically you committed a misdemeanor of second degree by paying FFL holder for a handgun while underage. Since you already turned 21 - you might be charged with felony of forth degree.

I'll be surprised if you see your gun or your money.

P.S. Bud's shop is probably crapping bricks - since what you did sounds like a "setup".

I could argue that they haven't sold me jack **** yet, I've just loaned them $600 for two weeks.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to be a party pooper, but FFL holder is prohibited from selling or delivering a handgun to a person under 21 by federal law.

I am no lawyer - but technically you committed a misdemeanor of second degree by paying FFL holder for a handgun while underage. Since you already turned 21 - you might be charged with felony of forth degree.

I'll be surprised if you see your gun or your money.

P.S. Bud's shop is probably crapping bricks - since what you did sounds like a "setup".

I disagree with this. I would guess the OP hasn't paid the FFL dealer yet, or if he has, he didn't receive a handgun in return, so no matter if/when he is 21 years old, he hasn't committed any crime, practically or technically.

If he doesn't see his gun or money, THAT would be a crime: theft and/or fraud.

P.S. How is what he did a "setup"?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree with this. I would guess the OP hasn't paid the FFL dealer yet, or if he has, he didn't receive a handgun in return, so no matter if/when he is 21 years old, he hasn't committed any crime, practically or technically.

If he doesn't see his gun or money, THAT would be a crime: theft and/or fraud.

P.S. How is what he did a "setup"?

Bud's is FFL dealer.
OP paid Bud's for a handgun when he was under 21.
Yes, OP paid FFL dealer for a handgun while underage.

This is no different than marching into a liqueur store handing clerk the money and promising not to consume till you turn 21 - it does not matter, they can't sell to underage.

"Setup" would be Bud's shipping a gun to an underage buyer - that could cost them their license.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bud's is FFL dealer.
OP paid Bud's for a handgun when he was under 21.
Yes, OP paid FFL dealer for a handgun while underage.

This is no different than marching into a liqueur store handing clerk the money and promising not to consume till you turn 21 - it does not matter, they can't sell to underage.

"Setup" would be Bud's shipping a gun to an underage buyer - that could cost them their license.

Nope, wrong again.

It's like paying for a case of beer at a liquor store when you're only 20, but your older friend (of age) picks it up and gives it to you. It's not the liquor store's responsibility to follow their product allllllll the way down to the end-user. As long as the person getting the product is legally able to purchase it, they're perfectly fine. It would be the older friend who was breaking the law.

In this particular case, the OP paid Bud's for a handgun (yes, while underage), but they are not sending it to him, so why do they care what his age is? I'll tell you: they don't. That's why they don't check. They mail it to your local FFL dealer, to whom you (usually) pay a fee, and then you receive the handgun. At this point, you have to fill out paperwork and the local FFL dealer makes sure you're of age.

The OP's age is of no importance to Bud's. Only that his local FFL is legit/current.

Saying that the OP committed a felony is a little over-dramatic.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are actually both wrong on the basis that the buyer never got his beer. The more realistic comparison is if I walked into a Liquor store, handed the clerk $600 and said here is a list of what I want. I will be back on Friday to pick it up, I will be 21 then, but I am not now.

Obviously, in a liquor store the clerk would give you your money back and just say come back on Friday and buy it then idiot.

If something had to be ordered and it would not be in until the buyer was of age, I still think the store wouldn't sell it. Since Bud's did not inquire about age then I am not sure how this would play out. I do believe that all over the place on Bud's site there are disclaimers stating the required age to purchase. Whether or not the "purchase" date is the date the FFL transfer occurs or the monetary transaction occured, again, I don't know.

Let us know if your gun ever shows up. Now I am curious.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are actually both wrong on the basis that the buyer never got his beer. The more realistic comparison is if I walked into a Liquor store, handed the clerk $600 and said here is a list of what I want. I will be back on Friday to pick it up, I will be 21 then, but I am not now.

Obviously, in a liquor store the clerk would give you your money back and just say come back on Friday and buy it then idiot.

Nope, store clerk should call the cops as there is crime already in progress - underage person on premises. That's why they ID people upon entrance - their liquor license is in jeopardy. It's illegal to even walk into a liquor store while underage, let alone try to engage in transaction.

It is just as illegal to pay FFL dealer for a handgun while underage.

Yes, it is seller's responsibility for both alcohol and firearms to deny the transaction if there is a suspicion that end user is underage, also known as straw purchase.

petersonb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, store clerk should call the cops as there is crime already in progress - underage person on premises. That's why they ID people upon entrance - their liquor license is in jeopardy. It's illegal to even walk into a liquor store while underage, let alone try to engage in transaction.

It is just as illegal to pay FFL dealer for a handgun while underage.

Yes, it is seller's responsibility for both alcohol and firearms to deny the transaction if there is a suspicion that end user is underage, also known as straw purchase.

If Bud's isn't providing the OP with the firearm, they don't need to verify his age.

Simple as that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom