So my wife is stuck at sea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Yeah, try it for nine months. Good times :laugh6:.

The wife will ask me from time to time if we could go on a cruse, then I remind her of things like this, and I'm good for another year.

Preach it brother.

While I've got nothing against the ocean, if I never see one again it won't bother me.

ibanda

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Never really had a desire to go on a cruise, the rest of the family decided it would be a good way for 3 generations to vacation. So last June we wound up on Carnival Triumph! I thought the ship was good, and the service was excellent. We had 9 family members at dinner every night and the waiter memorized everyone's name the first night and provided excellent service.

Watching the Thunder play the Heat on a giant screen sitting in a deck chair under the stars was pretty awesome (except for the Thunder losing).

I'm just so glad I am not on the ship this week!!!!!

rahzel100

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on the Triumph in July, my very first cruise. We heard complaints that the ship was old and run down, but when we got on it we didn't understand what everyone's problem was. It was a nice ship, kept clean, no holes in the walls, stains on the floor, or anything else. The only visible complaint that we actually did see was a small blacked out box on the big screen in the middle of the lido deck. Our room's bathroom was corral pink, which was another complaint, but this bothered us not one bit. If the Triumph is considered "worn down", then I'd love to see the other ships. Maybe my wife and I are easily impressed and don't expect much, especially considering the price, but we thought the ship, the crew and everything else about our vacation was amazingly perfect. Absolutely 0 complaints. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was one passenger who was bitching at a crew member because he (the passenger) was demanding he be able to use the crewman's passage to navigate to the opposite side of the ship instead of fighting the dining room crowd. Yes, let's break security policy because one guy paid a whopping $400 for his ticket and expects first-class, Titanic style attention.

I understand that Carnival is an entry-level cruiseline, but they also seem to be the most party oriented, which is more our style. If we wanted champagne and caviar on the veranda, we would have went with a more upscale cruiseline. Instead, we wanted endless beer and conversation with middle-aged drunks who know how to have fun. Low-brow, perhaps, but like I said, we're easily impressed and demand nothing. Despite not being a first-class cruiseline, the staff aboard the Triumph treated my wife and I like royalty. I have a lot of respect for the crew having to deal with a ship full of people who expect the world in exchange for their tickets they paid peanuts for. I have no doubt in my mind that the crew is doing their best, given the current circumstances, in making the best of the situation.

We were on the same ship on July 2nd last summer. Was that the same time you went? No big complaints except the ship looked a lot older than it was. it wasnt run down, rather it just looked a little outdated.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were on the same ship on July 2nd last summer. Was that the same time you went? No big complaints except the ship looked a lot older than it was. it wasnt run down, rather it just looked a little outdated.

We went on a 6-day starting July 30th or 31st, can't remember.

Agreed with the above about the dining room wait staff. Our head waiter, Madé, was incredible!

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was on the Triumph in July, my very first cruise. We heard complaints that the ship was old and run down, but when we got on it we didn't understand what everyone's problem was. It was a nice ship, kept clean, no holes in the walls, stains on the floor, or anything else. The only visible complaint that we actually did see was a small blacked out box on the big screen in the middle of the lido deck. Our room's bathroom was corral pink, which was another complaint, but this bothered us not one bit. If the Triumph is considered "worn down", then I'd love to see the other ships. Maybe my wife and I are easily impressed and don't expect much, especially considering the price, but we thought the ship, the crew and everything else about our vacation was amazingly perfect. Absolutely 0 complaints. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was one passenger who was bitching at a crew member because he (the passenger) was demanding he be able to use the crewman's passage to navigate to the opposite side of the ship instead of fighting the dining room crowd. Yes, let's break security policy because one guy paid a whopping $400 for his ticket and expects first-class, Titanic style attention.

I understand that Carnival is an entry-level cruiseline, but they also seem to be the most party oriented, which is more our style. If we wanted champagne and caviar on the veranda, we would have went with a more upscale cruiseline. Instead, we wanted endless beer and conversation with middle-aged drunks who know how to have fun. Low-brow, perhaps, but like I said, we're easily impressed and demand nothing. Despite not being a first-class cruiseline, the staff aboard the Triumph treated my wife and I like royalty. I have a lot of respect for the crew having to deal with a ship full of people who expect the world in exchange for their tickets they paid peanuts for. I have no doubt in my mind that the crew is doing their best, given the current circumstances, in making the best of the situation.

I don't know WHERE you found that pink corral, but it may have been a sheep pen. At any rate, I would endeavor to keep my distance from that ranch and particularly it's owners.

Latest posts

Top Bottom