So what is the going rate for a tooth....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my opinion is if you want to teach proper money saving, now is a good time. If you give him more than a few bucks, have him save half of it. I know many banks won't let you start an account with a small amount, but if you start a "piggy bank" he will have enough in it by teenager to start an account.

Banks make exceptions for kids and almost all of them will let you open a savings account for a kid for $5

Dustyokc01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks all for the input, a fiver it will be. I wish I could post a pic, he pushed his tongue a bit thru the gap and said, "look dad its Texas" and it did look just like Texas, good times.

longrangepistol

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think $1.00 is more than enough. I don't ever remember as a child getting more than a nickle for a tooth. Don't start a child off on thinking they are "entitled" to $40.00 or $20.00 or whatever figure other than nominal for a tooth. The planting of seeds of "entitlement" unfortunately do not benefit the child.

LRP

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a kid would love something different like a $2 bill or a 'Silver' Dollar (or a Susan B Anthony or whatever)...

That makes it more special...

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$5 is a good choice. Growing up my mother used to teeter in between giving a dollar and nothing at all. Getting a dollar was always a bit of a let down, especially when I lost the majority of them before they made it under the pillow anyway.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a kid would love something different like a $2 bill or a 'Silver' Dollar (or a Susan B Anthony or whatever)...

That makes it more special...

This. We always put a couple packs of sugarless gum or something like that under the pillow. We found out early that's what they spend their money on anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom