So what is the going rate for a tooth....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For each of my kids, the first tooth lost earned a Silver Eagle of that years minting. The beginning of their portfolio diversification.

After that it was usually a buck, but I think I might have used a fibber on occasion as well.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the one dollar gold coin idea myself. And, yes, most credit unions will let you open a savings account with five bucks.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though we gave 5.00 per tooth, they were only allowed to spend half, an the other half had to go into their savings account. Same for their school grades. "A"=10.00, "B"=5.00, "C"=2.00, an nothing after that. Those numbers are doubled for end of year graduation, an all moneys earned half has to go into their savings, plus we put in an additional 50.00 at the end of each year in their savings. They will not(we set it up with the bank, an its in our will too) get control of those savings till they are 25yrs old. Hopefully by that time they will understand the value of money. This includes several savings bonds bought every year in their name. This is something I wish my parents had made me do when I was young!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom