Soda, Coke, Pop, Sodie Water, Cola? So which is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you call it?

• Soda

Votes: 46 22.9%
  • Coke

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 66 32.8%
  • Cola

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sodie Water

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.5%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anything related to soda's, coke, pop, etc should be banned forever.

No wonder obesity in Oklahoma is #47 in the Nation, and According to the latest Medical data, its responsible for 18% of all deaths nation wide. I suspect its higher in Oklahoma.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything related to soda's, coke, pop, etc should be banned forever.

No wonder obesity in Oklahoma is #47 in the Nation, and According to the latest Medical data, its responsible for 18% of all deaths nation wide. I suspect its higher in Oklahoma.

Can't ban everything bad, if that we're the case, alcohol should be banned too. It's up to each individual to take responsibility for themselves.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can interpret Coke to mean just about any carbonated sugar drink, except Pepsi. If someone wants a Pepsi they better say Pepsi.

For the record, I say all three, pop, soda and Coke.
I say the same thing. It is usually coke for everythjng except pepsi or sprite. I have never said soda though. That is a*northern or midwestern term. But I also use pop a lot. The sign on here showing who says what is pretty accurate.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A generic fizzy non-alcoholic beverage, to me, is usually a soda or a coke. When referring to the machine that dispenses those cans or bottles, it's a "Coke machine" or a "pop" machine, which when you think of it makes no sense since I rarely refer to soda as "pop". I grew up all over the country so I stay in a constant state of turmoil when it comes to local vernacular. One thing, however, never deviates and that is Coke vs. Pepsi...Pepsi is for people who hate Christmas and polar bears. Pepsi people are generally afflicted with odd bodily anomalies like triangle nipples and ear hair on their feet. They may also be identified, under the right condition, because their left kidney glows and pulsates whenever "Disco Duck" is played within hearing distance. While they are generally safe to be near, one should be cautious as to avoid contact should the creature be drinking Pepsi at the time because they will occasionally grow an extra appendage, which in the case of an arm or head, can be quite violent and it's pretty gross too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom