Soldier's selfie sparks outrage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one is also making the rounds.....

1779708_10152262677483606_770253728_n.jpg

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Id usually say, not a big deal. Im sure it happens everyday on every base. Lotsa dumb shtuff happens. Some commands on some bases even get real busy or have a drill and forget to raise or lower the flag exactly on time. Nothing happens.

Flags get run up upside down, flags hit the ground, clips break, ropes break, people trip n fall while carrying the flag. Ive seen sailors pass out while raising the flag, ive seen em throw up while folding the flag and ive heard people fart while rising the flag. Aint a big deal to me.

Oh I used to duck inside, cross street, jump in car or generally pretend I didnt see an officer, just so I didnt hafta salute. Sometimes I even saluted with my left hand just to screw with them.

Guess what? The worlds still spinning and people are still ducking n hiding to keep from saluting.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The remote HAWK missile site I was at in Germany went 3 months without a flag, until some brand new PVT-2 :selfangel wrote a letter to Stars & Stripes about the unit not being able to get one through normal supply channels. The Wertheim Community Commander managed to bring one out the day after the letter ran.

Since we were a remote site, we didn't have a PA system for music. 2 people went out to the pole, clipped up the flag, and yelled "COLORS!" at the top of their lungs. That was your cue to stand to. Same in the afternoon. Rarely happened right on the dot, and yeah, some folks would duck inside the motor pool or lube rack. But that was the exception.

Give her a company-grade Article 15, with 72 hours confined to quarters, and 30 days on flag detail. She was stupid in public here. If her actions down the line warrant an OTH discharge, this will be a documented incident.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The remote HAWK missile site I was at in Germany went 3 months without a flag, until some brand new PVT-2 :selfangel wrote a letter to Stars & Stripes about the unit not being able to get one through normal supply channels. The Wertheim Community Commander managed to bring one out the day after the letter ran.

Since we were a remote site, we didn't have a PA system for music. 2 people went out to the pole, clipped up the flag, and yelled "COLORS!" at the top of their lungs. That was your cue to stand to. Same in the afternoon. Rarely happened right on the dot, and yeah, some folks would duck inside the motor pool or lube rack. But that was the exception.

Give her a company-grade Article 15, with 72 hours confined to quarters, and 30 days on flag detail. She was stupid in public here. If her actions down the line warrant an OTH discharge, this will be a documented incident.

Were you in x/43 or x/52?

Latest posts

Top Bottom