some neighbors just suck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they can, maybe not all HOA but I used to work for DirecTV and I can't count the times that we were on a install and had to stop because it violated the neghiborhood rules.

Sorry but you are wrong, it is againt FCC rules and laws to restrict DBS style dishs from being used to recieve video programming. If memory serves me right back when I worked for Directv this was challanges by a HOA all the way to the Supreme court and they lost.

Here is the link to the FCC website with all of the rules and restrictions.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Q: What restrictions prevent a viewer from receiving an acceptable quality signal? Can a homeowners association or other restricting entity establish enforceable preferences for antenna locations?

A: For antennas designed to receive analog signals, such as TVBS, a requirement that an antenna be located where reception would be impossible or substantially degraded is prohibited by the rule. However, a regulation requiring that antennas be placed where they are not visible from the street would be permissible if this placement does not prevent reception of an acceptable quality signal or impose unreasonable expense or delay. For example, if installing an antenna in the rear of the house costs significantly more than installation on the side of the house, then such a requirement would be prohibited. If, however, installation in the rear of the house does not impose unreasonable expense or delay or preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal, then the restriction is permissible and the viewer must comply.

The acceptable quality signal standard is different for devices designed to receive digital signals, such as DBS antennas, digital broadband radio service antennas, digital television ("DTV") antennas, and digital fixed wireless antennas. For a digital antenna to receive or transmit an acceptable quality signal, the antenna must be installed where it has an unobstructed, direct view of the satellite or other device from which signals are received or to which signals are to be transmitted. Unlike analog antennas, digital antennas, even in the presence of sufficient over-the-air signal strength, will at times provide no picture or sound unless they are placed and oriented properly.

Q: I'm a board member of a homeowners' association, and we want to revise our restrictions so that they will comply with the FCC rule. Do you have guidelines you can send me?

A: The Commission does not have sample guidelines because every community is different. We can provide you the rule and the relevant orders, which will give you general guidance. (See list of documents at the end of this Information Sheet. Some communities have written restrictions that provide a prioritized list of placement preferences so that residents can see where the association wants them to install the antenna. The residents should comply with the placement preferences provided the preferred placement does not impose unreasonable delay or expense or preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal.

Q: Who do I call if my town, community association or landlord is enforcing an invalid restriction?

A: Call the Federal Communications Commission at (888) CALLFCC (888-225-5322), which is a toll-free number, or 202-418-7096, which is not toll-free. Some assistance may also be available from the direct broadcast satellite company, broadband radio service provider, television broadcast station, or fixed wireless company whose service is desired.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
collecting said "poop" over the course of a week and dumping it on her porch is the only proper response given your failed attempts at reasoning with her.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got this problem too, and I was discussing it with my country folks over Christmas, and came up with a humorous plan. I can't say much about the overall plan, but the key ingredients are skunk scent and a Super Soaker.

It's not harmful to the dog, and it is a nuisance to the owners.

For those that would say call the cops, the Action Line, the pound, etc etc etc, we have and they don't do North Tulsa for anything less than gunshot wounds seemingly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom