Someone, please, kill me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll let you in on the SECRET. When ask to go, say sure and act excited. When you get to the store....here's the first step. Be over helpful grab anything within reach, but make sure none of it matches. Now I'm not talking poka dots and stripes, I mean very large bright flowers and plaid. Lime green and hot pink. Red and yellow. You do this a couple of times and your free and clear. My wife thinks I have the worst taste in the world. Now here's the closer, every now and then when you see a woman walking. What ever she's wearing, lets say a red skirt and white blouse. Point to her and tell your wife, you know what would really look good with that skirt? A big floral bright yellow print blouse with a really nice big purple flower on the back. Been married 26 years boys, been shopping for clothes 4 times.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll let you in on the SECRET. When ask to go, say sure and act excited. When you get to the store....here's the first step. Be over helpful grab anything within reach, but make sure none of it matches. Now I'm not talking poka dots and stripes, I mean very large bright flowers and plaid. Lime green and hot pink. Red and yellow. You do this a couple of times and your free and clear. My wife thinks I have the worst taste in the world. Now here's the closer, every now and then when you see a woman walking. What ever she's wearing, lets say a red skirt and white blouse. Point to her and tell your wife, you know what would really look good with that skirt? A big floral bright yellow print blouse with a really nice big purple flower on the back. Been married 26 years boys, been shopping for clothes 4 times.

Great advice ... listen to this man

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Good idea! I am totally going to try that next time I get stuck going with her. Shopping for baby clothes is the worst though. Lets look at the same onsie she can't wear for 6 months 8 times before you decide you like the one on the other shelf better.

My wife and I cannot go the grocery store without getting into an argument. It always goes well until the cereal aisle when it takes her 15 minutes to decide on a freakin box of cereal!

shocked

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no escaping the duty. All men must feel the pain of the duty. We men must ( sad to say ) be there for the dreaded question that is inevitable ...Does this make my butt look big . You want to tell the truth and say " YES ! ! ! ". But as men we must lie and say no dear.

What if it's a pair of those execrable "skinny jeans" that look good on NO woman thicker than Kelly Ripa? Talk about making a woman's butt look big! And the exasperating part is that women just don't UNDERSTAND it.

I miss the days, not so long ago, of flared-leg jeans. Now that was a fashion that looked good on most women.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a ritual I have never understood. I don't want GC to go with me. Because then he knows how much I spent ...

I, on the other hand, LOVE to go gun/ammo/reloading/camping stuff shopping with him ... for the EXACT same reason ... I KNOW HOW MUCH HE SPENT!! :rotflmao:

Besides all that ... My daytime is his nighttime. It would be just plain old mean for me to expect him to work all night and then go shopping -- grocery, clothing or otherwise, with me.

And anyway, we all know guys don't care what you have on ... what they care about is how quick they can get you out of it. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom