something followed me home today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so i just happened to be in the market for a new gun... so i went to look at the fun shop today and happened across a lonely little R.I.A. 1911-A1 CS (officers size). it just looked like it wanted out of the glass case and a good home so out came my stash and off we went. with a box of ammo. now to find some range time! i was also surprised to find that not only did i get the factory mag, but when i got out to the truck there was a 7rd Chip McCormick mag too SCORE!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks guys, i cant wait to get some time out with it. and for only 529 for the 1911 and a box of ammo isnt bad. granted its not the price it was 4 years ago but oh well its still a well built gun imo

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, hard to beat a 1911.

this will be my second, note to all para does not make a great gun anymore nor do they have customer service worth anything

let us know how it shoots

will do:popcorn:

If it misbehaves, I might consider adoption.

i hope there is no need to put the little guy up for adoption. it was a easy decision to buy it. although there was another officer model for about $540 before tax made by the same company under a different name. only difference was it had the skeletonized trigger too...

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago. Great gun for the money. Mine is very accurate, and the trigger is crisp at about 5#. Only issue I had was FTreturn to battery. Got about 350 rounds through it and seems to be smoothing out. Also I had to focus more on my grip after being used to my P6. Looking forward to your range report.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so i just happened to be in the market for a new gun... so i went to look at the fun shop today and happened across a lonely little R.I.A. 1911-A1 CS (officers size). it just looked like it wanted out of the glass case and a good home so out came my stash and off we went. with a box of ammo. now to find some range time! i was also surprised to find that not only did i get the factory mag, but when i got out to the truck there was a 7rd Chip McCormick mag too SCORE!

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

got one just like it, there a good pistol for the money, congrats....;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom