Sometimes telling the truth can be hard!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who has ever been shooting with a friend or group of buddies and you just felt really sad for them because of what they were shooting?

Now this isn't meant to be a cheap gun bashing thread at all, This is just a detailed story of an outing I had with a good friend of mine yesterday. He called friday and asked if I wanted to come out to his land and shoot with him and his brother. Of course I jumped at the chance! I ususally only get to punch paper at the range. So anyways we get to his property and unload everything, I begin to set up my guns and pull my ammo out on the table to be ready for when the fun begins. Soon he comes out of his house with a small bag and a large rifle bag. I asked him what kind of rifle or shotgun he had, he said I'm not sure. He brings it out and it's a Mossberg Maverick 88, I told him they are great guns and they go bang everytime. I was pretty impressed considering when he purchased both of these guns he asked for my help but he didn't want to wait for me to meet up with him so he would get a good gun for a good price. He knows NOTHING about guns except how to shoot them. Anyways I figured he did pretty well on that so I was not as concerned about the pistol he purchased at the same time. But my relaxation at his decision making soon came to an end. He then pulls out the pistol from the bag. It was a Cobra Arms .380 in stainless. (only good thing was he paid $80 OTD) I didn't want to be mean because he kept asking what I thought about those. I told him we will see! Lets go shoot..

He shoots my pistols, Glock 23, Beretta PX4 Storm .40 fullsize, Kahr CM9, and Springfield XD compact 9mm. He shoots all of mine and LOVES THEM ALL, he loves the Beretta a little too much (didn't think he was going to give it back!). Anyways he said try mine, so I releuctantly decided to try it, (I love my fingers and hands) but tried it anyways. First of all this gun weighs over 2 lbs before the magazine and ammo is added. More than my Glock 23 almost fully loaded. Anyways I rack the slide and it gets caught up in the nose down position going up the feedramp. I drop the magazine to clear the jam (this model has the heel clip release) after clearing the jam, I fired 3 whole rounds flawlessly, unfortunetly that is the end of the great run I had. next 3 round all jam! then I tried to shoot some more after spraying some Break Free I always carry with me. The gun shoots again for another two rounds before jamming. after a total of 15 rounds of jamming, clearing, and firing I gave it back to him and said "sorry man". He looked so sad! But I tried to help him, he just couldn't wait for me to come with him and help him find one cheap (cheap as he can get for quality anyways).

After the shooting we packed up and I told him I would be more than willing to help him get rid of the "boat anchor" and get a little better quality handgun. The craziest thing is he USES THIS GUN FOR HOME PROTECTION!!!! I do feel bad for him, but he has the money to spend on a better quality gun. He just chose to go "cheap" because he would rather spend the money on other things. Now I totally respect that decision, but when it comes to protection and you have the money that's JUST STUPID!!! Anyways I just wanted to see if others here have experinced the same things before with friends or family?

Latest posts

Top Bottom