Son just got picked up....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerryinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is not a way around the problem and you are giving some dangerous advice, period.

With respect, we don't live in a dogmatic world. #1. There is always a way around a problem (this point has nothing to do with the reality of whether there should be a way), #2. Do as suggested and reread the lady's post...she did not suggest anything unethical or illegal, and finally #3. Who takes forum comments as gospel? I appreciate your heart is in the right place here and thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call Hunsucker 231-5600, my friend Doug is a lawyer there, but is on vacation for a few days. They have other lawyers that can help for an immediate need.

Ditto!! Went trough this with my daughter, didn't lose her license and didn't get the interlock. She was in Norman. One of his associates represented her. Great Counsel in hard times. It's definitely worth a consultation. Look him up.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect, we don't live in a dogmatic world. #1. There is always a way around a problem (this point has nothing to do with the reality of whether there should be a way), #2. Do as suggested and reread the lady's post...she did not suggest anything unethical or illegal, and finally #3. Who takes forum comments as gospel? I appreciate your heart is in the right place here and thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1. Military rules are made to be very black and white, with no way around them, for a reason.
2. For a recruiter to have anything to do with getting an enlistee out of a legal issue, is illegal and unethical.
3. it would be different if we were just discussing a "what if." However, we were discussing a member's son's arrest and future.
4. the Military is designed to be a very dogmatic world.
5. I understand what you are saying, I also understand what Annie was saying, I have been reading her posts for a very long time. Again, if it was merely a what if situation of some sort her understanding of the military, would be fine. I enjoy how people who saw Full Metal Jacket know what the Marine Corps is all about, or my uncle's wife's cousin was in the Army know everything about the Army. Annie is a good person and did not intend to suggest anything illegal, she just does not understand the full implications of a fraudulent enlistment.
6. Several of the members on here have been recruiters in the military and many more have been in the military, so it is a little more than my heart being in the right place.
7. Again, it was a real member with a real son that has a real problem. I did not discuss what he should do as father, because I would of said that I would let him sit in jail, but in the real world I would have bailed him out. I did not discuss him getting a lawyer, we have those on the forum, Dave is a good one. I did not discuss what the process of a DUI is in Oklahoma because we have experts at those on the forum. I did discuss, telling his recruiter, everyone in that chain is going to get involved to do what is legal.

Jerryinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1. Military rules are made to be very black and white, with no way around them, for a reason.
2. For a recruiter to have anything to do with getting an enlistee out of a legal issue, is illegal and unethical.
3. it would be different if we were just discussing a "what if." However, we were discussing a member's son's arrest and future.
5. I understand what you are saying, I also understand what Annie was saying, I have been reading her posts for a very long time. Again, if it was merely a what if situation of some sort her understanding of the military, would be fine. I enjoy how people who saw Full Metal Jacket know what the Marine Corps is all about, or my uncle's wife's cousin was in the Army know everything about the Army. Annie is a good person and did not intend to suggest anything illegal, she just does not understand the full implications of a fraudulent enlistment.
6. Several of the members on here have been recruiters in the military and many more have been in the military, so it is a little more than my heart being in the right place.
7. Again, it was a real member with a real son that has a real problem. I did not discuss what he should do as father, because I would of said that I would let him sit in jail, but in the real world I would have bailed him out. I did not discuss him getting a lawyer, we have those on the forum, Dave is a good one. I did not discuss what the process of a DUI is in Oklahoma because we have experts at those on the forum. I did discuss, telling his recruiter, everyone in that chain is going to get involved to do what is legal.

Thanks, Poke. All good points and I appreciate the civil dialogue. I've been down the lengthy road of substance abuse and various "Do I bail him out" scenarios. Dr.HK, my thoughts and prayers are with you, as there is no pain like that of dealing with a child's troubles. There is no manual, so you do the best you can and pray sense prevails.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

For what it's worth I have never seen Full Metal Jacket ... or Saving Private Ryan. But I was forced to sit through that Pearl Harbor movie with the old man when it came out. Hell, for all I know "Pearl Harbor" was the name of the movie ... lol

I don't like war/military movies. I don't need to see what war is like (even Hollywood's cleaned up version) to know it's bad. :disappoin

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it's worth I have never seen Full Metal Jacket ... or Saving Private Ryan. But I was forced to sit through that Pearl Harbor movie with the old man when it came out. Hell, for all I know "Pearl Harbor" was the name of the movie ... lol

I don't like war/military movies. I don't need to see what war is like (even Hollywood's cleaned up version) to know it's bad. :disappoin
there is nothing bad about going to war, it is sort of like playing in an NFL football game.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dave doesn't have much experience with criminal work; you're much better off talking to henschman on that point. That said, I've seen several recommendations for Hunsucker, and I know they specialize (insofar as any lawyer in OK can "specialize") in DUI, so you might give them a call as well. I have no experience with them one way or another, so no opinion either way.

It was, in fact the name of the movie, and in honor of it's release, on opening night, I went out and bought a copy of Tora! Tora! Tora!

Latest posts

Top Bottom