Sooners Fans Are Pretty Quiet Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before the game started I told my girlfriend (whos a rabid OU fan) that K State was going to upset the Sooners perfect record. I dot know why, I just had a feeling they were going to become complacent and I was right. I dont hate OU but I defile most of the arrogant ass fans.
And the proof came to me in 02, I was at Bedlam in Stillwater and OSU spanked OU so bad in the first half, the sooner dicks were leaving and almost every one of them that passed me, flipped me off yelled F you or something similar.
Had I had a bit more Hot Damn in my system, Id have busted the **** out of a couple dudes.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They gotta beat Gundys boys too lol

Pooka Williams at Kansas ran all over them, another team ran all over them, and two of KSU's running backs ran successfully on them, along with a QB that is capable, but hasn't run much this season. OSU will bring a stud in Chubba Hubbard, and a QB that runs better than Thompson at K-State. Should be interesting to see if Grinch can get that issue fixed.

As for the "OU got screwed" link (don't they always when they lose?), the KSU fans were raising hell more than once about the officiating, too, starting with the first Hurts TD that was never reviewed, and appeared he may have been down before crossing the goal line. Twice they ruled it a TD after the pile of players started getting up, similar to ruling on a fumble recovery. Have never seen that before.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to paste a quote from another OU board I read quite a bit from a guy who goes by SoonerRick46 and posts a lot there. I don't know who he is, does not seem to be directly connected to the team but apparently has contacts with the team. I like his analysis because he has a lot of insight into the game as well as the team, is well-reasoned and doesn't get caught up in the typical fan hysteria that a lot do (blame the refs, fire the coach, blah, blah, blah). The message board is Sooner Times and these are his thoughts about the KSU game. Thought some of you might enjoy...

"The more I watch of the game the more becomes obvious. I had speculated before the season started that the way to attack the "Speed D" was power running right at it. That's exactly what K St did. Notice who had the best game on the D Line? Overton.

The other huge thing that pops out is something I talked about a couple of week ago.....edge integrity. You have to set the edge on run plays and we haven't been doing a good job of that for weeks now. I said it would come back to burn us and it clearly did. They knew exactly where and how to attack us. You can clearly see their RBs cutting to the 6 and 7 holes and the guards blocking out to the edge and leaving a huge hole. It doesn't help if the D Line is shifting as the ball is snapped. It's simple physics, the D Line is already moving and their O Line just helped them to keep moving in that direction. It's much harder to hold your ground if your feet aren't set.

Add to that, K9 was shooting the wrong gap and their O Line was very efficient at cutting him off and trapping him out of position. This is exactly what Grinch was talking about in his post game interview about not "trusting". In his defense, everyone has their gap and they're expected to be in them and we haven't been in those gaps on the edges all year long.

On offense, Riley has been trying to taper the offense to Hurt's skill set which is running. Yes, he's improved as a passer, but Riley is becoming predictable with the QB draws. We need more diversity in the offense and Riley has gotten away from that in the last couple of weeks.

I also didn't understand the pooch kickoff. They've done that earlier in the year as well and I questioned it then. Why run the risk of giving them such good field position? It just didn't make sense.

There is a lot of blame to go around here. Hopefully, this is a wake-up call for the staff and the team."

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
OK State fans are running a play out of the Sooner fan playbook... The rumblings are that it's time for Gundy to go. I keep hearing two names thrown out to replace him. Shockingly, Josh Heupel. Not so shockingly, Dana Holgerson. Either would be a good choice.

"OK State fans are running a play out of the Sooner fan playbook" ........... So Okielite fans cannot decide they want a new coach with out looking to see what OU fans would do !!! LOL Seriously? Pretty sure most OSU fans do not give 2 shits what OU is doing except 1 game or if as a state we get lucky and get to go play each other for the B12 title, 2 games a year!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
They gotta beat Gundys boys too lol

Nah man, haven’t you heard? OSU doesn’t have a chance. I heard they may be 23 point underdogs. Every dog has his day, not every day but sometimes on Saturday’s. I’ll be the first to admit that OU has a better team. The question is will the better team show up. Maybe last Saturday brought a bit of humility to OU. I doubt it but if not, they could end up with a couple more losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah man, haven’t you heard? OSU doesn’t have a chance. I heard they may be 23 point underdogs. Every dog has his day, not every day but sometimes on Saturday’s. I’ll be the first to admit that OU has a better team. The question is will the better team show up. Maybe last Saturday brought a bit of humility to OU. I doubt it but if not, they could end up with a couple more losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OSU was the underdog to Iowa state also. If OU doesnt pull their D together, they will lose to OSUs run game, the same way they lost to KS

Latest posts

Top Bottom