Sooners Fans Are Pretty Quiet Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the mirror, should be easy to see and obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@doctorjj was poking at me in that reply. I was going to answer, then thought better of it. Now that you jumped in, I will reply the way I was going to.

Doctorjj, if you can't see the problem from your seat there on the OU Fan Choir Row, there is nothing I can say or do to make you see it.

There are none so blind as they who will not see.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
OSU was the underdog to Iowa state also. If OU doesnt pull their D together, they will lose to OSUs run game, the same way they lost to KS

I’m not going to brag much because it is very likely OU will beat OSU but maybe, just maybe, the Pokes will show up and the Sooners won’t. Stranger things have happened. I also expect Gundy to tell them to shove it after this season. I think he and Mike Leach should start a sports talk show. It would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts on the game...

KSU still looks like a Snyder coached team.
They block and tackle well.
They don't commit stupid errors like turnovers and personal fouls.

Most of all, they still run that ball possession offense that keeps the ball from the opposition offense and grinds down clock with first downs.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"OK State fans are running a play out of the Sooner fan playbook" ........... So Okielite fans cannot decide they want a new coach with out looking to see what OU fans would do !!! LOL Seriously? Pretty sure most OSU fans do not give 2 shits what OU is doing except 1 game or if as a state we get lucky and get to go play each other for the B12 title, 2 games a year!

Remember when OU fans thought Stoops was the greatest, but wanted his job every time they took a loss? That's the play the OSU fans are running.

Gundy was beloved, he could do no wrong. When he's winning, everything is kosher, but since they lost to KU last year (and every other nothing team in the conference) the fans have turned on him. It's becoming more vocal with each loss, but they don't talk like that after a win.

Bandwagon fans. Such an OU thing, it's the Sooner mascot.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of all, they still run that ball possession offense that keeps the ball from the opposition offense and grinds down clock with first downs.

It was a perfect storm. Not only did keeping the ball away from OU help them, but also the scoring 48 points. Hard to make excuses about how the refs lost the game for you when you give up that many points. Congrats to K State for an amazingly played game.

More broadly, I support and watch OU because I earned two degrees from there. It does give a nice sense of pride to the school and alumni, certainly. But I'm not on the field playing the game myself; no way am I going to let a bunch of kids decades younger than me define me. I just can't identify with college sports (or any sports) that way.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not going to brag much because it is very likely OU will beat OSU but maybe, just maybe, the Pokes will show up and the Sooners won’t. Stranger things have happened. I also expect Gundy to tell them to shove it after this season. I think he and Mike Leach should start a sports talk show. It would be hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It wasnt expected when we came back in the 4th and scored 21 to tie it and then a cowboy spanking in OT in 2014 I think it was or that we'd spank it so bad in the 1st guarter it was over before half on 02 so Bedlam is anyones game. And history has it, we are due a win.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember when OU fans thought Stoops was the greatest, but wanted his job every time they took a loss? That's the play the OSU fans are running.

Gundy was beloved, he could do no wrong. When he's winning, everything is kosher, but since they lost to KU last year (and every other nothing team in the conference) the fans have turned on him. It's becoming more vocal with each loss, but they don't talk like that after a win.

Bandwagon fans. Such an OU thing, it's the Sooner mascot.
I dont want to see Gundy go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom