Sooo,What you guy's think will happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not an expert in economics but understand the principles pretty well and with the AssHats we have in charge of our funds I at this point dont know what to think of what is to come by January. I do know they are throwing alot of scare tactics out there,but what's the real mccoy of what might happen,I heard today that the International Monetary fund said we are doomed for Great depression worse than the first,the E.U.,China and Moody's seam to all agree.
Like to hear some opinions of individuals with some life experince from their past experiences and some highly educated individuals on this matter.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. All I know for sure is if I'm outta debt and have a garden and some other things in place I'll fare better than if I don't.

Besides, if it never comes to pass at least I'll have a nice hobby to tinker with when I get old ... er ... older ... lol

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The debt ceiling will be raised and life will go on as usual. Bet on it.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop listening to the news altogether.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert either, but I know that there is always scare tactics and will always be Bulls and Bears. I stay well-diversified in 401K(mostly mutual funds along with company stock and Pimco bond). In my Roth IRA mostly individual stocks(blue chips and a few small-caps), REITs and other dividend stocks(re-invest dividends). I even have a low-yielding CD(blah!) at my credit union. I like to buy on the dips and sell when I'm up 20-25%. I have made quite alot of money since the March 2009 lows when the DOW was around 6200. I was fortunate enough to get in at the right time and threw alot of money at it. As I get older, I will be extremely more conservative(bonds, CDs etc.). I know several older folks that either got burned or had to delay retiremest for a couple of years, due to their lack of being conservative, in the last part of their working years. I know others that are around 60, that have no understanding at all of economics, and are trying to play catch up in fear that they will out-live their money.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
people will fight for bread on the streets and family's will force their under aged children to work to help the family buy a two hundred thousand dollar orange.lets hope that does not happen.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Minn. Gov. shutdown shows just how bad the collateral damage could be.

Minnesota shutdown slowly squeezes alcohol sales

[By Wednesday, hundreds of bars, restaurants and liquor stores across Minnesota already had been stopped from buying new inventory due to expired permits the state has not renewed.

MillerCoors, the second largest brewer in the United States, failed to get its license to sell 39 brands in Minnesota renewed before a government shutdown over a budget impasse began with the new fiscal year on July 1.]

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/13/us-millercoors-idUSTRE76C5UY20110713

Latest posts

Top Bottom