Speaking of tacos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We are getting a new Taco Casa in Shawnee. I hope it is good because the other fast food taco joints we have here are no bueno.

Also I tried a Super Burrito from Viktoria's Tacos food truck the other day here on the west side of town, and I highly recommend it. They have some good spicy sauce too.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is like the Taco Casa here it is nothing speacial and wouldnt cal it a mexican place at all but ours does stay busy all day long.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We are getting a new Taco Casa in Shawnee. I hope it is good because the other fast food taco joints we have here are no bueno.

Also I tried a Super Burrito from Viktoria's Tacos food truck the other day here on the west side of town, and I highly recommend it. They have some good spicy sauce too.
Taco trucks, Carniceria's, and taquerias always have the best food. They have not gringo-ed it yet and still have good food and hot salsas. All the Mexican places around here are gringo-ed except a couple. We have one in Elgin that's pretty good but you have to tell the dude no gringo or it tastes like it's made for some pasty kid.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree with the above, it's OK but Taco Casa isn't authentic Mexican food.
I believe they knock a few cents off some items on Tuesdays and you'd think they were giving out free beer and nachos from looking at the parking lot that day.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not expecting real Mexican food or even real good Tex-Mex food from Taco Casa. Just a decent cheap taco or burrito now and then.

There is also a new bagel place coming in the same area that some are excited about but I've never been a fan of bagels even if you try to make sandwiches using them.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We pretty much always go to Morelos just off I-35 in Moore when we want good tacos and other authentic Mexican food.........never have gone for supper but if you go for lunch you'd best be there by 11:00 to beat the crowd.

They only have it on Sat. & Sun. but they make a darn good bowl of menudo also.

more.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom