Speeding ticket warning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you ask the guy flying the plane on the aircraft speed traps to land and write you a ticket??

A speeding ticket is a misdemeanor violation. It has to be witnessed by the officer that writes the citation. If this other officer didn't see the violation he can't write you for it. That would have been an easy win.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I LOVE hearing good stories about cops!! There are a lot of Dbag cops out there that cause nothign but problems for people.

I have a TON of good stories as well as some bad ones too, but I can say that my current position in life has saved my bacon (no pun intended) 6 different times in the last two and a half months...well that and knowing the law and what to say to the smart @$$ cops that 'think' they know more than you or like to intimidate.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im pretty sure being in that little pickup as well as being truthful and honest helped when he gave me the warning- but if I had been in either of my 2 Mustangs, no matter how nice I had been I doubt I would not have recieved a warning just by the way they look and sound. Still, I was totally ready to recieve a ticket and was definitely shocked that I didnt get one. When my info came back Im pretty sure that it had been more or less about 5 years since I had had any type of ticket or warning, maybe that helped also since my total record is definitely littered with manymany speeding and other tickets over the years from my homestate of California thru all of the other places I have lived since.

My dad ran an auto service/paint&body shop when I grew up and he loved building hotrods and ratrods in his spare time so I have always had a love for fast cars and have predominately owned muscle and pony cars, 4x4s, and motorcycles. Thats just what I like to drive. I would never be happy with the nice sedan, thats what my wife drives. The first car I ever bought for myself with my own money was a 70' Mustang. After that a 79' Trans Am w/6.6L. Ive since owned and modded many Camaro's- SS's and Z28s, Firebirds, TA's, Corvettes, Mustangs, a rare Torino w/351 Cleveland, and then a few foreign models: a 280Z, a couple of Supra turbo's- an 87 single and a 98 twin, a 350ZX w/turbo, and quite a few lifted and modded 4x4s as well as a bunch of motorcycles. Now Im back to modded Mustangs.

I do usually try to watch my speed no matter what I'm driving when driving in heavily congested areas or in high traffic volume. I may go up to 10 over, or less, sometimes more, but usually will drive whatever the flow of traffic is going. I just was in a hurry to get the kid to school the other day. Late at night though when no one is on the Creek or the BA I may do a little more over.

When out on the road working driving back and forth between here and Iowa or between Iowa and California- I will admit to letting it rip in certain places. Driving I-80 late at night going thru Nebraska, Wyoming, or most anywhere between Salt Lake City and Reno, there are some prime places with almost no traffic or their highway patrol to ruin your fun. Thats where I can get it out of my system. But I dont dare speed in most of southern California or going through Missouri on I-35 though- I have almost always got tickets in those 2 places for speed.

My ex-Marine grandfather retired as an LEO when I was a kid, was even a chief at one time, and my father briefly worked in law enforcement when he got out of the Marines since he had been an MP in the Corps; so I have the ultimate respect for all of our law officers and military personnel and the jobs that they perform. I have never done much law breaking and have a pretty clean record- I have only been in jail over night a few times for stupid stuff like public intoxication or fighting. I just like to drive fast.

But now that I have the last of my kids and only son getting ready to drive I do need to be a good role model for him while he's learning to drive properly. He already has the need for speed growing up riding around with me in my cars and he loves working on the Mustangs with me. He thinks he's getting a hot rod when he gets his license. News to him- he's getting that little 03' Sonoma pickup with the big badass 2.2L engine. It has a great stereo w/CD, MP3, etc. And now it also has some added mojo from our speeding ticket warning.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. That is how I have managed to stay relatively ticket free the last 15 years. Sometimes I still get a Dbag who will write one up on me, but If you pull over, don't make them chase you down, have your chit ready, and are courteous, then you are more likely to get off. I have even had hipos let me off with a warning, and that doesn't happen often. There are good and bad cops.

So the cop's a dbag if he writes you up for speeding? Here's a tip. Don't speed!

You're the one breaking the law, but the cop's the dbag? This is what's wrong with society. No sense of responsibility.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shared this story before, but it fits in perfectly here....

Yes, yes Tanner, a fine story, but what we all really want to hear again is One to the Hip. Now THAT'S a good story!

My 18 year old got a warning going to camp at Arcadia this weekend. Didn't signal. Nuts! Glad he just got a warning! He's very respectful, and full of sincere "Yes sirs". I NEVER got a warning when I was a kid. Just big, fat tickets.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was 17 I had a 67 ford fairlane 500 with a 289. I wouldnt say it was fast, but it was fun. I had a buddy that had an 89 fox body mustang gt that had some serious mods running a 4 speed. One night coming home from a church league basketball game, we where coming home taking the lake road that wraps through hefner golf course. We were headed east and just passing the clubhouse where it straightens up heading south. Once we came around that corner I opened it up and hoped into the oncoming lane(2 lane road 25mph) to pass my buddy, he opened his up and we were going about 65 side by side down the road. I couldn't pass him so I just got back in behind him as we turned to head back east around the lake. Lake patrol was sitting back by the clubhouse and watched the whole thing and lite us both up and pulled us over. HE WAS HOT!! yelling at us both to get out of the cars, telling us how stupid we were and that he was going to haul us in. Then my step mom drives by, sees we had both been stopped, turns around and pulls over. His attitude changed real quick. My step mom is an attractive woman and I think that played a big part into it. He then tells her what happened and starts talking about being a kid once and doing stupid stuff. Tells us about a time when he got pulled over for excessive speed, officer writes him a ticket and tells him he better call someone because he cant drive home without a DL(officer had it in his had). He tells the officer, "yeah I do, it's in your hand"(old paper DL), officer eats it and says, "not anymore!"

I think I would have been better off had I just gotten a ticket than for my step mom to stop and get us out of it. I was grounded for months!!

I have more good stop stories, but that one was the most memorable.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in a little town in SW Mo of about 9000 people and my dad owned his own parts store. The whole town was hot rod crazy. We would go out to an abandoned Army post and street race. One night my brother and I decided to hook em up and see what happened. I was in the left lane and we took off. About halfway up the quarter, reserve cops jumped up out of the ditches in their 4wd trucks and blocked the road. We got both cars stopped and the cops made us get out of the cars. They asked for ID and searched our cars. One of the cops looked at our ID's and said, "Are you 2 brothers?" I said, "Yes". Then he said, "What would your parents say if they knew you were doing this?" I said, "Well, they would pat us both on the back for being out here and not being in town, they would pat me on the back for getting the hole shot and pat him on the back for being in front." He said, "You know, I don't think I believe you." I said, "Well, then get back in your truck and haul your fat butt down to the starting line and ask dad, he flagged us." He said, "Don't I know you?" I said "Yeah I sell you your auto parts." He said, "I know your dad and I don't want to talk to him, he outran me 3 weeks ago in his 67 Camaro." He handed us our licenses and let us go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom