Spent a few thousand today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new system a couple weeks ago too.

We moved into a 2 year old house 8 years ago. We’ve had to have the heat and air guys out to work on our system on average 3 times a year. You can do the math and see it was costing me a fortune. I decided I was tired of slow paying for a p-o-s system and just bit the bullet. When they pulled out the old system they checked it and noticed it was a 16 year old system. The jackwagon who built the house put a cheap azz used old junker in. Dude is dead. Probably good for me that he is. Some people really suck.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodman are pretty much economy units
This is true. That said I had one years ago that I installed myself just like the O/P's system and it lasted fairly well. I got over 10 years out of it. It was noisy as hell from day one and I'm sure my neighbor rejoiced when it finally croaked. The new Carrier unit that replaced it was so quiet you hardly noticed it running and it halved my electric bill.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always said, I can live without heat before I can live without AC. When it's cold, you can put on layers of clothing, wrap up in blankets and get out of the elements and you'll be ok.

When it's 110° in the shade, and you strip off butt nekid as the day you was born, you're STILL hot!

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put a Goodman in at the last house. Isn’t Goodman like the affordable line of Trane or something like that?
Goodman is owned by Daikin. Goodman has entry and mid level units. They also own and manufacture Amana which are mostly mid level units with Daikin being the premium line for the most part. All manufactured in Texas.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true. That said I had one years ago that I installed myself just like the O/P's system and it lasted fairly well. I got over 10 years out of it. It was noisy as hell from day one and I'm sure my neighbor rejoiced when it finally croaked. The new Carrier unit that replaced it was so quiet you hardly noticed it running and it halved my electric bill.
Glad to hear that on the Carrier, that's what we have coming, going to 96% eff heat, 2 stage heat and cool. The higher efficient heat ought to pay for itself this winter, talked with our propane guy today and he said ol dipstick in charge is already sending gas to europe and it is only going to get higher, just like his boss obummer did a few years back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom