Spent brass does not look right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ejector spring is a little to strong as the case is being pulled from the chamber it get pushed against the side of chamber or ejection port
bending the case mouth, if your going to reload them then the sizing die will straighten them back out.
Not a problem that needs fixen right away.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all probability the brass is ejecting and flipping back and hitting the receiver or the gas deflector on the receiver causing the bent case mouth. Tie/duct tape a temporary pad made from a rag or something on the receiver to cushion the brass where it won't hit the receiver. Fire a few rounds and then inspect the case mouth. Let me know!!!!

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone, I thought it was where the brass was ejecting since I was having no other problems, ie FTF, FTE, split cases, but I've never run into that before. I also thought the cases being cut down may had something to do with it. I will pad up the deflector and see what they look like.

ls1z4me

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check you ejection pattern and angle . 3-4 o'clock is desirable. I have seen this on a lot 300blk that running a little slow. Do you know you gas port diameter size and location ( ie carbine length)? Will your gun cycle subsonic ammo while unsurpassed?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ejector spring is a little to strong as the case is being pulled from the chamber it get pushed against the side of chamber or ejection port
bending the case mouth, if your going to reload them then the sizing die will straighten them back out.
Not a problem that needs fixen right away.

this^^^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom