Springfield DS Prodigy ("2011")

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned a Para. But I've never heard anyone really say anything good about them. I remember in the early 2000s when they came out with that LDA (Light Double Action) gun. Pretty amazing trigger but everyone complained about their reliability.

I remember when some distributors were offering BOGO deals on Paras on top of other incentives just to clear them out of inventory.

I don't shoot bowling pin matches or other competition so I really don't care about whether or not the caliber I carry in a defensive gun will knock them down. Bullet technology is to the point where one is pretty much as good as the other against people. A .40 is still a handgun caliber. From everything I've read it doesn't work any better than any other mainstream defensive caliber. 9MM is easier to shoot, less expensive and you can fit more rounds in the same space. I don't see the downside myself. But, that's what's great about choices. We all get to choose what we believe is best.
I had a Para expert that ran flawless. It had some work done, forget what, but still was only like $550. Was stolen. I wish some of my pricier but generic handguns had been taken instead.

I'm interested to see ria 2011 with Langdon upgrades compared against this one all the initial marketing videos die down.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220901-214328.png

h4everything

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Para expert that ran flawless. It had some work done, forget what, but still was only like $550. Was stolen. I wish some of my pricier but generic handguns had been taken instead.

I'm interested to see ria 2011 with Langdon upgrades compared against this one all the initial marketing videos die down.
I have a Para P16 that I shot limited IPSC for years. It was and is a great gun. My 2011 9mm is smoother and shoots a little more accurately but that Para is more reliable.

And Springfield had made double stack guns for a while. I have a 45 that I got in 1998

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SportsWorld got in 5 today, all sold before noon. I did get to check out one before it left and it's really sweet! It will probably be on my short list on future buys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom