Springfield DS Prodigy ("2011")

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be tempted to use their again revamped/rebranded “firstline” program to get one, but I have to ask, at that price point, how much of it has been slapped together with MIM parts?
A lot of MIM parts. Saw someone on YouTube take one apart yesterday and go through all the MIM parts.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most makers use MIM parts. There's nothing wrong with MIM parts when they're quality built. MIM is used for parts on just about everything made out of metal these days... spacecraft, airplanes, cars, guns.

Glock, Colt, Ruger, Kimber, Springfield, S&W and most all others unless it's the high-end custom stuff use MIM parts. Big deal. It's got a plastic frame and people fret over metal injection molding.

Some of you guys really overthink this stuff, in my opinion.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might wanna sit this one out for a bit boys, initial reports on boards aren't impressive. Seems they rushed these out.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to H and H today with an opportunity to win one with a safe unlock code. Me and 1200 others stood in line. I was about #6 to try mine. Wifey had a code too. It was won at 1:40 PM according to the email I got from Springfield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom