Springtime Weather...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I heard there were hurricane force winds up in the panhandle today.

It was terrible yesterday. It was 84mph winds.
Today not so bad, maybe 30 at the most but yesterday I was on the Highway between Hardesty and Guymon around noon and had a few stretches of highway where visibility was zero. Dirt was blowing so bad that you couldn’t see. All I could look for was the yellow and white line on the road to stay in my lane, was still meeting eastbound traffic too. There were multiple wrecks on Highway 54 as well.

These farmers up here must have forgotten what their grandparents went through in the 1930’s. I have seen so much CRP land plowed up the last two years it’s unreal. Some are getting center pivot sprinklers and others are dry land farm ground now instead of pasture.. I have a feeling this will be a normal occurrence from here on out…

Today we got snow so hopefully that moisture will soak in…

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah...duh... I meant yesterday.

Well, we just spent the last half hour in the storm shelter. Sirens were going off in Francis and maybe Byng or Ada...couldn't tell. It sounded pretty serious for a bit there but everything here is OK.

I got caught with my pants down. Our shelter isn't prepped and stocked yet so I gotta get on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom