Stereo installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do my own installs most of the time unless I don't know how the dash comes apart....it is hard to botch an install...if you order from crutchfield and can work wire strippers/crimpers or a soldering iron I would do it yourself.

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What Zombie said - if you can crimp or solder, you can do it yourself! (And neither is very hard.) If you order the goods from Crutchfield, they'll send you a free install kit and tech sheets that show you everything from how to take apart your dash to how to make the connections - plus they give you free lifetime tech support on everything you buy from them. They're higher than most anyplace else, but their customer support is a 10+. Google "Crutchfield coupons" before you place an order with them; you'll probably find a $20 off coupon code online somewhere.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it yourself, its fun and easy and is nice to know how everything went in so if you sell, you can take it out; or, if anything breaks, you fix it.

I started doing all my own audio installs, moved onto subs and amps, then to car alarms, then remote starts. Now i do pretty much anything electrical in a vehicle.

Fendar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One time I did a 2001 jeep grand Cherokee and had to rewire everything from an amp under the backseat.. Finding a pinout diagram for that was difficult. Best buy quoted me $350 to install it. Yeah right!

Most installs are super easy though.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can install it for you. Been doing stereo installs both home and auto for years. What kind of vehicle is it going in? If you have a garage to work in, i'd be glad to give you a hand if you want to tackle it yourself as well. I'm going to be installing a Kenwood excelon double din unit in my Titan in the next week or two as well.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also if you are not in a huge hurry to do it, you can save yourself over $100 by ordering it online. sonicelectronix has that same unit for $359 with free shipping and no tax. i have ordered many things from them they are good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom