Stop Smoking Hints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife did pretty good with the E-Cig, but now she needs to quit the E-Cig. lol I still havent kicked the dipping habit, but I know I reallly need to. I have cut down my use by about half, so hopefully I can stop soon.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think cold turkey is best, I smoked 2 pack a day for 30 years, tried a lot of different stuff then one day I told my wife I was gonna buy a new motorcycle and quit smoking, I threw the last pack in the trash as I was leaving the dealership, that was 9 years ago and I haven't had one since. I think the bike helped cause I could get on it and zone out on everything but the ride. The money I saved paid for the bike in 3 years and I'm still saving.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit 9 years, 5 months, 29 days, 11 hours and 18 minutes ago. I do miss them daily, but it gets easier. I quit using the Nicotrol inhaler. I seemed to take the edge off the first month.

J

JJEH

I also quit smoking and drinking alcohol. Two of my best choices in my life I've ever made.

All I can tell you, quit now - not tomorrow!
If you have trouble, be honest to yourself and seek for help. It's only for your own good!!!

But one thing I remember when I quit smoking... after having no cigarettes for a while I was pretty interested in chocolate bars...

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just stop! Lots of will power, exercise and sex. I woke up May 1st 1980 and decided to do it after 24 yrs of 2 packs a day. Never smoked again. You just gotta be tougher than it is.

RT66

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nicotrol inhaler. July 24th was 5 yrs smoke free. I have suggested to 4 others who are now free from the bondage of nicotine using this prescription only product.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used July 4th as my target date. That was 20 years ago. When I was in Korea, especially in the field, I was probably doing 2 packs a day. Unless I had to pay field rates!!!!

There are days when I have really wanted one. Hardest thing I ever did. Next will be food for me to quit.

Hints:

If you try Chantix, one of the bad side effects are the nightmares.

I think it was Kirk Douglas who said that when he quit, he carried one with him in his shirt pocket. Any time he wanted one, he pulled that cigarette out and looked at it and said "who is stronger? You or Me?"

Go out and smoke up a storm before you quit. And I mean a storm. In a really smokey place. When you get home, take your shirt and put it in a zip lock bag. Everytime you want to light up, open that bag and take a sniff of what you really smell like.

Don't substitute chewing tobacco for smoking tobacco. Still an addiction. Hard as hell to kick.

I've heard it said that if you can go 24 hours, you can quit. It is a tough, tough habit to kick.

Dave

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard it said that if you can go 24 hours, you can quit. It is a tough, tough habit to kick.

Heck there are people who go 10 hours every day without a cigarette and don't realize it.
Mainly, you go to sleep, and you don't wake up every hour just to suck down a smoke and go back to bed.

So obviously the physical addiction isn't that bad!

Latest posts

Top Bottom