Storm Area 51

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not interested here, however, the next time I get out into that area (actually western Death Valley), I want to make it to what is called "Star Wars Canyon." Otherwise known as Rainbow Canyon. I'd like to get there with my cameras to get some shots of aircraft streaking through the canyon.

Star Wars Canyon and Fighter Jets

00bZg6L.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to see Red Flag up close and personal on the range. Got my eardrums popped by an EF-111 Raven and just about made an F4 driver poop his suit in retaliation! LOL Still, the coolest was watching a B52 ghost through a valley below me at about 150 AGL. Completely silent until she was well past my position.

A team in a platoon before mine lost the last foot of a 10ft whip antenna to an A-10 on "Booby Hill". I'll bet that was exciting! LOL

Doesn't look like Rachel has grown all that much since I was there, 35 years ago this past month. What along strange trip it's been...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was introduced to about the same at Ft Riley. We were all in outside bleachers surrounded by a grove of trees. There was a jeep down below us bristling with antenna. There was a driver and a guy standing along side with headphones on. He made a nod to an air force captain who calmly said, "Good morning cadets, I am here to introduce you to TAC AIR!" WHOOOSH! WHOOOSH! Two F-4 Phantoms criss-crossed us from the rear. I was on the top bleacher and fell off the back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom