Storm shelter recommendation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just chiming in on these ROYCE Steel units - Whats the rust through like on these steel units. Concrete will last better if done right............

Was in one at a buddys house in yukon and got 'tee'd up' by the 31st storm............Being in the shelter which is only 2 years old, it is already rusting and the paint blistering in numerous areas. Kinda hard to choke on 3500 for in the garage steel unit when you see that going on.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually own F5 Storm Shelters. We have done well over 400 storm shelter installs in the OKC area. I will offer a 10% discount to any OSA member that opts to get one. Check out our website for more info.. or feel free to PM me. You can also click on our facebook link on the website for real world testimonials from all of our happy clients. You can see tons of pics on the website and facebook. Unlike other companies we actually offer a lifetime warranty while many of our competitors offer prorated warranties than disappear after 10 or 20 years. We also plasma cut our logo in the lid for more light and ventilation. Most companies use the gap between their front and back lid along with small vent slots for their ventilation, which doesn't compare to ours. All of our shelters are coated with coal tar epoxy to prevent corrosion. All of our shelters meet or exceed all FEMA guidelines. We take VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, cash, personal check and we have partnered with Tinker Federal Credit Union and they do shelter loans at 2.99% last time I checked.

www.f5stormsheltersok.com

Ryan is this offer still ongoing? Tried to PM you, but maybe your inbox is full.....go figure :)

ae5mh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
4x8 safe room from Ground Zero in the Garage due to my spouses handicap. Have never looked back. Ground Zero is the one. Might have to wait.. but it's worth the wait.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a standard in ground concrete one from Bigg's put in 1997 and it still looks new. No leaks and the wind turbine vent still spins freely. We get in it a couple of times a year and have had other family join us, so up to 7 people with a little room to move around. We have a drainage issue that lets water run in the garage in most heavy rains so the garage floor type would be an issue, but it would be nice to avoid going outside in the rain to get in it.
We take our car jump start box down with us that has lighter plugs to charge our cell phones and a built in inverter and light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom