Straw purchase question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F em then I’ll go somewhere else where some DB isn’t playing 20 questions.

Asking a legitimate question is one thing, badgering and leading a customer is another.
They hire a bunch of Chuck E Cheese boneheads I’ve heard so unbelievably stupid advice from there especially a woman who’s trying to buy her first handgun.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Calling the manager in would probably have gotten the store clerk the employee of the month for stopping a "questionable sale". They could care less about selling a single gun over the possibility they could get some heat from bad publicity over a sale that ended up in the news. They have probably been told to refuse any sale if their spidey sense goes off. Just tell them what they want to hear next time. You're not under oath.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About to lose some cool points, but I think he did the right thing.
BTW I have worked at a gun counter.
1684711396848.gif

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy has some funky policies. A couple guys at work always get put on hold. They assume it’s because of their military service? At most ffl’s, after 3 days you can go pick up you gun, right? Academy won’t release or move forward.

Been there done that.

I’ll never buy another firearm from them, I don’t care if they’re $100 less.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can purchase a firearm as a gift. That is not a straw purchase if they are not prohibited from owning a firearm.
A straw purchase is when someone has you purchase a firearm knowing they are prohibited from having a firearm.

Someone here told a story a while back about the counter guy at an Atwoods refusing to sell him a pink Cricket .22 for his daughter because that would be a straw purchase.

Just exactly who is it that he think shoots those tiny little rifles?

The world is filled with morons. Common sense should be classified as a super power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom