String trimmers (time again)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My gas Poulan from Wal-Mart has held up remarkably well the last couple of years under heavy usage. We bought it on clearance at the end of the season, though, for I think $50...

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just buy good fuel and oil and rotate it each month,the gas trimmers have more power,but can be problematic with ethanol gas.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All husqavarna, stihl, and echo make excellent trimmers. My Husqavarna that takes attachments is a workhorse but it's a bit heavy.
I also have a Weedeater featherlite that's ran for me for about 9yrs, although I hear most folks don't have that good of luck with the Weedeaters.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of the smaller stihl several years ago..I think in 1989 or 1990..not sure about the exact year.At the time it was one of he cheaper models with the curved shaft..The only thing I have ever replaced is the fuel line..still running on the same plug..I just started it today for the first time this year..It could crap out on me today and I wouldn't consider anything except a stihl but I'm sure some of the others are good also..BTW..my yard is a little over 3 acres and I do a lot of weedeating...

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on what your going to use it for. Homeowner or lawn service?
I buy the cheapest ones I can find. usually Homelite $89
The thieves steal them off my truck or out of the yard faster than I could ever
wear one out.

atchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stihl or echo, I personally have a stihl and it starts up everytime for the last 4yrs. i used to get the weedeater brand cause of price, but it gets to be a pain in the rear when they won't start. The Stihl is worth the money. Echo has a better warranty if you need to use it.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talking abut Mike's? That's who I bought my Hustler Ztr from.

You only pay 3% sales tax if you buy there.
That's the place. I bought a Hustler there also. I thought it was 4.5% sales tax. Whatever it is, it's much lower than the rest of the metro and that makes a good difference buying a ZTR. He also sells below MSRP so I saved a few hundred dollars going there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom